And It Was the Best Underwater Kiss of All Time

We know that it was the best underwater kiss of all time, but we don't get details or what happened afterwards. I might've done this one shot before, but I can't remember :P

The water was icy cold, enveloping them both. While it brought strength to Percy, it automatically drained Annabeth. It was freaking freezing!

But Percy immediately wrapped her in his arms, completely dry. She wanted to glare at him, but the salt water burned her eyes every time she tried to open them. Luckily, Percy remembered that she needed air, and willed the water around them to make a bubble. He kept them afloat easily, so they were practically standing on water.

"I'm going to kill them." Was the first thing Annabeth said, trying to wipe her hair from her eyes. Percy was grinning, probably still in ecstasy from kissing her, the goof. He noticed her struggled with her mop of hair, and helped her dry it. Soon, she was completely free of seawater.

"You'll have to get to the surface to do that." He said, cracking a smile, "And I'd rather see them panic thinking they've killed you." Annabeth seemed to consider this.

"I guess." She finally looked up at him. His eyes were glittering. She shook her head, "You're such a Seaweed Brain."

"I know I am..." He paused, his cheeks turning red, "But I'm your Seaweed Brain. If... If you want." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"That sounds good." Annabeth smiled, "I guess that makes me your Wise Girl, huh?" Percy smiled again, wrapping his arms around her waist.

He kissed her again, this time perhaps even better than the short one in the dining pavilion. The sea creatures stirring in the water rushed to go tell Poseidon that his son was kissing a daughter of Athena underwater, but Percy didn't exactly care. He was holding Annabeth, the girl he'd liked for ages, and that was all that mattered.

Her lips were soft, Percy noticed. He decided then and there that she was also a better kisser than Rachel. Annabeth had been his first kiss, and here he was, kissing her again. She tasted like chocolate, probably from the birthday cake they'd eaten together in the pavilion.

Percy was, admittedly, lightheaded when they pulled away. He'd never felt this warmth in his chest, this protectiveness, this... What word could describe this?

Annabeth laid her head on his shoulder, and he held her underwater like that time so many years ago when he thought he'd lost her to the Sirens. Suddenly, a word popped into his head. A realization. He'd felt this way for years, but never noticed.

Percy was in love with Annabeth Chase, and now nothing would keep him from telling her one day. Maybe not then, not when their relationship was new and fragile, but in the future that he now had open wide for him.

///

Percy didn't want to go to sleep. But he had to. If they stayed underwater any longer, he knew that Chiron would ask water nymphs to drag them to the surface. So, with his arms locked around Annabeth's waist, he let them float upwards until their heads broke the surface.

They made it to the beach, Percy drying them off once more, and it was almost curfew. There were a few stragglers at the camp fire, singing, but otherwise it was completely quiet.

Percy and Annabeth parted ways at the edge of the beach, since the Poseidon cabin was right in front of them, Percy leaning down and kissing her one more time before he had to leave.

"I'll see you in the morning, okay?" He said quietly.

"Okay. Goodnight, Seaweed Brain." She whispered back.

"Goodnight, Wise Girl." He reluctantly left, making his way towards his cabin. No one would notice him, since they were all facing away from him, but he wondered how Annabeth would get to her cabin without campers noticing her.

He looked back, about to ask whether she'd want him to walk her to her cabin, but she was gone. As he turned back around, he felt the ghost of fingertips over his Achilles Heel for a second before the feeling went away and smiled.

He entered the Poseidon Cabin, his goofy grin placed firmly on his face.