#23 Never Again

If Annabeth had gone missing instead of Percy 😊. Sorry. And ImKindOfTwisted , you thought the Something Flowery books were bad. Hope you like it. 😏

Percy grinned down at his girlfriend, who was looking towards the approaching Athena's Cabin. Her blonde hair was in a ponytail, like always, and her grey eyes were focused on the distance. It hadn't been that long, had it? Since Percy had finally been able to call her his girlfriend. His girlfriend

It seemed impossible. But it was true. Annabeth was finally his girlfriend. After five years of friendship, and for one of those years she was his crush, he finally was able to call her My girlfriend.

'Hey Perce, want to go sword fight?'

'Nah, my girlfriend and I are going to the docks.'

Percy and Annabeth.

Annabeth and Percy.

"What?" He heard her voice ask, snapping him out of his thoughts. Annabeth was looking at him with raised eyebrows, making him realize he's been staring at her goofily the whole time.

"Nothing." He replied, grinning. They'd reached the Athena cabin, it's door rising above their head, an owl statue staring at them heavily. She rolled her eyes.

"Right. Goodnight, Seaweed Brain." She said, reaching for the door, but Percy caught her wrist, pouting.

"Hey..." He said dejectedly, "No kiss?" It was dark outside, but he could tell that her cheeks turned slightly red.

"You idiot." She shook her head fondly, reaching up to press her lips to his. Percy sighed, putting his hands on her waist.

"Goodnight, Seaweed Brain." She said again, and he backed down the stairs, waving his hand at her.

"Goodnight, Wise Girl. I'll see you in the morning."

But he didn't.

///

He woke up to someone shaking him roughly. Urgently. He blinked slightly against the flashlight that was being shown in his face. He yawned.

"Connor? What are you-"

"Where's Annabeth?" Asked Chiron sternly from behind Connor. The beam of light swiveled around and Percy saw his mentor's stern face. Percy blinked. Malcolm stood nervously at the doorway, rubbing his arms.

"Uh, Athena Cabin?" Percy replied, "Bathroom? How should I know? It's like, five in the morning."

Malcolm and Connor exchanged glances, and Chiron nodded. The son of Hermes sprinted from the room, as fast as he could. Which was pretty darn fast.

"Percy..." Chiron's face looked aged, worried, "Annabeth wasn't in her cabin, nor the restroom, or the showers. We came in here in hopes that... Well, hoping that she'd have stayed with you."

Percy's heart was beating out of his chest as he glanced at Malcolm, who looked pained.

"Percy," Annabeth's half brother started, "Annabeth is gone."

///

He was infuriated.

Three days. Not an Iris Message, not a call, not even a sign from the gods! Three days, three days he searched for her... Three days he cried and hit things and cursed the gods. But she was still gone.

Swept from her bed, in the middle of the night, just gone. No finality, no screaming or fighting, no scuffle. She just disappeared.

And then, a shimmer of hope. A light in the darkness. The possibility that maybe, just maybe, she could be found.