Proposal

A way of Proposing I think Percy would attempt at.

They were laying on their couch, the TV shining brightly onto their faces as they watched whatever late-night cartoon was on at the moment. They were in their normal relaxation position, with Annabeth laying on Percy's chest and his hands laying on her stomach, her fingers intwined with his.

Percy was about to fall asleep, hey! It was comfortable!, and could barely keep his eyes open to watch the last five minutes of whatever show. Annabeth actually looked kind of bored, but she didn't voice it. Instead, she was letting her mind wander to the architectural project she had been working on recently.

"Hey," Percy, bleary eyed, said groggily. Annabeth hummed, but was lost in her thoughts while he dropped one of her hands and started playing with one of her curls instead.

"Yeah?" She said when she realized he hadn't responded.

Percy paused, as if thinking of how to word it, "You want to get married?" He asked. Annabeth's train of thought rammed into a wall.

"What?" She asked.

"Um... Do you want to get married?" He muttered, "T-to me, I mean."

Annabeth thought about it for just a moment, making Percy exceedingly nervous. They both felt kind of awkward at approaching the subject of marriage and all of it's implications. Weddings and anniversaries and houses. And especially the subject of children. That was one thing Annabeth tried to stay as far away from as she could.

"Um, sure. I guess." She finally replied. Sure hadn't been the response Percy had expected, but it was a response. He smiled slightly, then grinned, "Stop making that face."

"You can't even see my face!"

"I can sense it." She laughed slightly.

"I'm happy." Percy said sheepishly. He kissed the top of her head, a grin still on his face, "Want the ring?"

"Hades, yes."