Soulmate

Old one shot. In fact, it was around number 15 before I decided not to post it. But, here it is!

"Mommy, who's my soulmate?" The small boy asked looking at his arm in confusion. Curled scribbles rose from his skin, marking his soulmate's pen strokes as she drew little buildings and characters.

"I don't know," His mother replied, drying her hands on a towel, "But I'm sure that you'll find her, darling." She leaned over Percy's shoulder, watching as the dark ink appeared.

"Why doesn't she put where she lives." Percy groaned, "It'll take to long to find her now!"

"Because, darling, not many people have a soulmate connection like yours. She probably doesn't know that you can see what she writes on herself." His mother responded patiently.

"What is her soulmate connection?" He asked. His mother paused.

"I don't know, Percy. Maybe she can see what you write on her arm as well. Maybe she only has your initials somewhere on her." Sally smiled, looking over to where Percy now traced his soulmate's initials with his finger. Supposedly, they'd glow when he met her, and he was excited to see that.

"Maybe... Mommy, what kinds of soulmate connections are there?"

"Oh, there's lots." Sally slid into the seat beside him, watching as the scribbles on his arm slowly died down, "There are the common ones. Maybe she has the age you'll be when you meet printed on her, or maybe she has a strip of black hair in her own hair," She ruffled his locks affectionately, "Then there are the rarer ones. I doubt that she has a shape tattooed on her that would match one you'd have, since you don't even have a shape." Percy glanced at his arm. The marks began fading away, as she must have been washing the drawings off, "She could have one eye the same color as yours, maybe she has the last words you'll ever say to her on her. Or the first words." Sally pressed a kiss to his head, "But you don't have to worry about it yet. This will be a long time in the future."

///

Annabeth had never seen the color green.

Anything that someone described as green, was actually grey in her eyes. The grass was grey, the tree leaves were grey. She'd been told that it was because one of her soulmate connections was through the eyes. His eyes must have been green.

Her second one, as it was unlikely to have less than two soulmate connections (She had three, including the initials on the front of her shoulder), was the inky numbers on her wrist. A large 4:3:27:5:45:32. Make the last number 31... 30... 29...

Her clock. It counted down the seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years until she would see him, her soulmate. Four years, actually, so she would be around fifteen when they met. It seemed so far away, when she thought about it.

Slowly, she traced the numbers and sighed, watching the clock tick down, as slow as always.

///

The hospital was completely silent as Percy waited, slouching in an uncomfortable chair. His hands were slick with sweat, his eyes flicking about. Paul was even worse, if that was possible, pacing around the room and muttering to himself.

Because, his mom didn't want either Percy or Paul to be there while she had the baby.

No one was in the waiting room besides the two, and they were in there for quite a while. People came and went, getting a room or being checked out by a doctor almost immediately, and no one had time to stop and talk or to say hi to the boys who sat there for a good two hours.

It was about seven o' clock when the automatic doors slid open again, and Percy didn't bother to look and see who it was. He was tired of people-watching.

Someone walked in and straight to the desk with a pile of papers. She seemed in a hurry to go, because she practically threw them at the nurse.

"Oh! Are you Helen's daughter?" The nurse asked. The girl glanced at her wrist like there was a watch there, but there wasn't.

"Um, no. Well, step-daughter." She explained, shifting around. The nurse nodded politely.

"You're in a hurry."

"My clock is ticking down, I think I might meet him on the walk home."

"Ah," The nurse smiled, handing a little piece of paper to the blonde girl. Said girl backed up and turned.

On her way out she met eyes with Percy. It seemed involuntary, but she stopped in her tracks, eyebrows furrowed. Percy seemed to have lost the ability to breathe, and Paul turned, wondering what was wrong.

A glow seeped through the collar of his shirt and threw shadows onto the wall.

"Oh... My..." Paul stood, wide-eyed and blinking.

"What..." Percy muttered, putting his hand on his collarbone. The girl looked down at her wrist, then back up at him. She was wearing a sweater, but the glow on her shoulder seeped through it.

"Oh my gosh!" The nurse squealed, "That is adorable!"

"Wait... You're my..." Percy was still in shock.

"And you're my..." The girl trailed off.

She was blonde and kind of tall. Ish. She was shorter than Percy. She had stormy grey eyes that were kind of intimidating and she was his soulmate. It also didn't hurt that she was, like, insanely beautiful. And he wasn't just saying that because she was his soulmate, if he had seen her walking down the street he would immediately a) Want to ask her out, and b) Think she probably had some hunky boyfriend anyway or at least gets hit on every day by guys. But still, Percy had thought this day would never come.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Percy."

"Annabeth."

"Oh, I have to get a picture!" The nurse dived for her purse.

"Um..." The situation was slowly becoming awkward until another nurse came around the corner.

"Mr. Blowfis?" She smiled. Paul stood, "Congratulations. It's a girl."

"Two new girls in the family in one day." Paul winked at Percy, who turned a violent shade of red.

///

They held hands as they walked through the park. Everything was a vibrant shade of green, and Annabeth admired it all. She hadn't seen this color before besides this past week that she had met Percy.

He stood beside her, looking like this was the best day of his life.

Which, it probably was. The entire week had been amazing, actually. After all, it isn't every day that you find your soulmate.

In fact? The following years were pretty wonderful as well. Especially the days like the two meeting each other's parents for the first time (officially, in Annabeth's case) and, of course, their wedding day.

But it wasn't completely perfect all of the time, there was some rough patches here and there. But they got through them, and they'd continue to work through the bad times in their lives.

As long as they had each other.

And really? That was all that mattered.