Together (Republished)

I FIXED A COUPLE THINGS GUYS like typos and I added some scenes so it flows smoother...
///

Percy and Annabeth apocalyptic AU one shot because I don't write enough AU's. 😊

It was quiet. A strange pleasure in New York, the City that Never Sleeps. But, it was too wrong. Of course, the citizens had been evacuated long ago, heading to one of the safer places. Like the Smoky mountains. Away from the east coast, where an all out war was raging. But the silence was still disconcerting. And it hit the soldiers who had lived here before right in the heart.

Percy and Annabeth crouched in an alley, close as ever, holding their breaths as soldiers ran right past them. Percy intwined his fingers with hers, trying not to move as someone shone a light down the dark and dank alley.

"Clear!" A gruff voice yelled, making the two flinch as the person had been closer than they thought. The army moved on, stomping down the empty streets of New York, the rise and fall of their heavy boots in perfect sync.

"Gods of Olympus." Annabeth breathed, clutching her bloodied arm.

"Shh..." Percy backed up, swinging his backpack off of his shoulder, "Let's get this cleaned up."

"I hate guns." Annabeth groaned, "I hate those people. I hate Luke. I hate everyone in this da-"

"Love you too, Wise Girl." Percy cracked a smile, even though the situation was one that did not deserve a smile.

"Are all communications out?" Annabeth whispered as he ripped her sleeve up to her shoulder. Percy swallowed at the sight of her wound.

"Been for two hours." Percy replied, reaching into his medical kit. He pulled out a heavy cylinder that fit into his hand perfectly and sighed, "This'll numb the wound..." He promised, looking into the window on the side to see the clear liquid sloshing from his shaky hands.

"It'd better, or I'll kill Solace." Annabeth winced as Percy pressed the cylinder against her arm, right under the wound, pressing the button on the side. Cold numbness spread through her veins until she could no longer feel an inch of her arm.

"Gods, hurry." Annabeth ordered.

"Yes ma'am." Percy gave her a smile, putting down the cylinder and grabbing some other things from his small medical pack.

"Is the..." Annabeth closed her eyes, "The bullet. Is it still-"

"Shh."

"Don't shush me!" Annabeth snapped back, making Percy chuckle slightly.

"It is- Be still! Gods!" Percy pulled back slightly, "I'm already shaking like a leaf, you wiggling around isn't helping."

"Aw, are you scared for me, Seaweed Brain?"

"Of course I am." Percy responded, looking away. He wrapped her arm in gauze and bandages, wiping away excess blood.

"Thanks." Annabeth shifted so she could look at her arm, "You didn't get hurt, right?" She looked at him in the eyes, her gaze concerned.

"Nah. I didn't run out in the middle of open fire." Percy glared playfully.

Flashback

The air was still and quiet, like always, as Percy and Annabeth crouched at the corner of a building, watching the streets closely.

"Do you think-"

"Be quiet." Annabeth ordered, her voice a faint hum in the darkness. Percy obeyed, instinctively putting his hand on her back and moving closer so they wouldn't be seen.

Percabeth One Shots (Collection 1) {Complete}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara