Chapter Two

I keep silent. I don't feel comfortable to sleep in an airplane so I search through the movies on my screen and find one. I almost tear from some scenes. Finally, I catch him stating at me. Oh? I am wondering if he was staring at me for a long time. I don't find anything to do but to pretend as if I don't notice. He keeps staring and I feel more uncomfortable. Why is he staring? Because I act so emotional to the movie?

Then I find the chance. I actually find it funny to embarrass him as he did to me. So it's my turn.

"You want something?" I try to act serious and not laugh as I steal his sentence.

His face suddenly turns red and he blushes. Oh? He's embarrassed! I don't like myself embarrassing anyone even if this one embarrassed me awhile ago.

"I mean...is there anything wrong?" I try to make it less hurt. I actually didn't expect that he has a heart. Oh Twy not to that extent but he is really cold.

He shrugs and looks into his phone. So, he will ignore me forever then after this one.

I suddenly think of leaving my country. It's so hard for me. I still can't imagine that I will not sleep in my own room and my own bed tonight. How will that happen! What if the bed will not be comfortable?

Something suddenly cuts my thoughts as the plane shakes strongly from the plane and the glass windows make a sound. Oh, I hate that. I hold tightly my seat arms quickly and I even hit the guy's hand.

"Oh, I am sorry." I say immediately and I am glad he didn't get mad at me. He could use this to hurt me back. Well, I think I am overreacting and he probably doesn't even feel anything. I look at him and I find that he is even annoyed by the strong vibrations and shakes. Thank God, it stops.

The shakes return again.

Thoughts of dying cross my mind. No, nothing will happen. Grandma said that when she first got on a plane, she was so nervous for every movement and nothing happened at the end so I shouldn't worry. I look at the other passengers and most of them were taking it normally and the rest were sleeping. I smile to myself and thank God since these shakes are normal but well it's weird.

But no, it's not a normal thing because I begin to smell fuel.

"Oh, no. Is it normal?" I say to the guy.

"Huh?" He turns to face me. Awe, his blue eyes are so adorable. But ah, well I should concentrate. Maybe I could stare at them later.

"I mean is it normal? I smell fuel." I say and nervousness covers the inside of me.

"I have never smelt fuel before in any previous flight. But I think the smell isn't clear. So, it's probably nothing." He says calmly which makes me some sort of more comfortable but I am still so afraid. Why do I smell fuel then?

The smell becomes more clear and I see some passengers begin to complain already. I leave my seat for the first time to find mom and dad or any host to ask.

I find a host who looks very scared.

"What's happening?" I almost scream. I can tell that there's something wrong.

"Everyone should return to their seats, please. Everyone should return to their seats, please." The flight attendants keep repeating this.

I feel kind of dizzy. I quickly try to find my parents' seats but the flight attendants are blocking the way. The seatbelt light goes on. I quickly run to my seat and fasten my seatbelt. I don't find the guy next to me. Where is he? It's not important at all now. I hear screams all over.

"Oh, no God." I scream loudly adding my scream to theirs.

I finally find the guy fighting with flight attendants. I close my eyes and say my prays.

"No, please I don't want to die now. Please God help me." I keep saying. Tears feel on my check and I begin to yell and say things. I no longer care about how they will see me. I will die.

Suddenly I open my eyes and see smoke seeping all over.

"Oh.. Nooooo nooo please. There's smoke over there." I yell, sobbing.

The flight attendants have a hushed arguments, they look very tense. They suddenly disappear to the front and back of the plane.

People's screams and yells make me even worse. I close my eyes again and say my prays through my sobs. Please God please. I know that I sometimes do a lot of bad things but I usually don't meant it. I feel that it's the end so please forgive me. I swear I love you so much. Please God forgive me.

I'm cut out as I feel a hand touch my hand. I open my eyes to see the guy next to me, looking at me in pity and rubbing my hand to comfort me.

I tear even more.

"We will die. Ask God to forgive you. I swear I said that I don't wanna travel. I hate planes." I tell him, my voice unexpectedly raises when the shakes become stronger.

"We will not die. I will not die at least." He shouts. I look forward and close my eyes again. I don't know why this selfish is so sure that he will not die when everything is very clear. I need to see my mom and dad badly.

"Please I want to see my mom and dad before we die. Can I?" I say when I found a random host crossing by. He leaves me running. I can see flight attendants running through the halls.

"Ohhhh." I moan loudly as I feel the plane is going down then up then down again like waves.

I hope we aren't over an ocean. I can't swim.

An announcement sounds:

"We are sorry to tell you that some problems occurred. The severe weather may cause us to attempt an emergency landing. Please make sure you are fastening your seatbelts and that you never leave your seat. Please stay calm so the crew can do their best."

"Keep calm." The flight attendants keep saying to us but it's no use.

I start to imagine what will happen next. I would probably stick to a flight attended if I didn't find my parents.