Chapter Fourteen

"Jace?" I smile at him.
"How are you?"

"I'm good. Missed you so much." he scoffs and I laugh.

"Have you finished your work?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I was going to relax."

"Don't say that your room is in this floor."

"It's. Yours too?" he asks.

"Yeah." I nod, happily.

"Won't you introduce your boyfriend to me?" he points to Nail.

I knot my eyebrow. "No...no he's not..my boyfriend." I stammer.

"What then?"

I told Jace everything happened in the accident except the part that I share a room with a rude arrogant guy.

"He's....he's...I mean..." I scurry. I know I look so stupid but I don't know how to introduce him really.

"I'm her roommate." Nail says and I am kind of relieved but worried that Jace might misunderstand.

"Roommate?" he puzzles but shakes hand with him.

"What's wrong?" Nail growls.

"Nothing. Twi just didn't mention it to me."

"Twi?" Nail laughs.

"What's wrong Nial? The story is that I just didn't find it important to tell you, Jace but I was going to tell you anyway." I say.

"It's fine really. There's a party tomorrow night by the way. It will be nice if you come." Jace says to me.

"Oh really! Okay I don't mind, actually." I smile and I can see Nail glancing at me.

"Okay bye. See you tomorrow." Jace says and leaves.

"See you." I wave to him.

Nail opens the door of our...his room silently.

"I don't understand what you did to Jace!"

He doesn't answer.

"I'm talking to you." I say.

"What?" he sits on the chair and looks at me.

"Why did you treat him that way? I told you that he's my friend." I lie. I know that Jace isn't my friend. I met him today for the first time. But I really hope we could be. He's nice.

"When did you meet him to be your friend?"

"Does it really matter?" I put my hands on my waist.

"Yes. He's not your friend. He can't call you Twi." he stands up and opens the fridge.

"What? Why do you even care? I'm okay with it. Anyone call me Twi anyway." the inside of me is happy to be honest. I fight my smile.

"You are right. I shouldn't care." he opens a bottle of water.

"Give me a bottle. I'm thirsty." I say and he hands me another bottle.

"Will you go to the party tomorrow?"

"What was my answer when he asked me? Yes, I will go. Change my mood."

"Okay." he matters and heads to the bathroom.

"Why are you entering my room?" I laugh.

He doesn't answer but I heard his chuckle.

I open the television and switch between the channels. I hear water so I know he's taking a shower.

I hear a phone ring. I look around me to search for a phone and I find one on the counter.

"Oh." does he have a mobile phone? It looks new so he should have bought one. Why didn't he tell me? I would have called anyone for help. But who? I don't even know any phone number of my family. And I don't have my phone to look for them.