Chapter Sixteen

I woke up and brush my teeth. I go out of the bathroom in case he needs it. I find him still sleeping. I'm really bored. Should I go back inside or turn on the TV? I decide to leave the room and have a walk outside. I'm wondering how I agreed to spend the night with Jace in the party when I don't have anything to wear to that party. I'm switching between my own clothes and the clothes Alex gave me. I really need to buy something. I'll try to enjoy my time till tomorrow to go and see my mom and dad yaaay finally.

I step on the elevator and press the lobby button. I find a lot of people having their breakfast. I realize that I don't eat at all. Nail even..did I say Nail? Kyle..kyle..Kyle. Kyle even doesn't eat much. I need also to think well about Kyle. Nail and Kyle sound the same by the way. Whatever Kyle is a good name. I like it. But I don't know what should I do with him! Well, I don't need to decide whether to believe him or not because I will find mom and dad tomorrow God willing and I will not be dealing with that man any longer so I think I have to be nice to him to help me find them. I think I will miss him. Yes, I will.

“Hey.” I sit next to an old woman. Her blue eyes are glowing and she looks beautiful despite her old age.

“Hello girl.” she smiles to me. Awe, she's so nice.

I smile back.

“How old are you?” she asks.

“Eighteen.” I say without asking her to guess. I should stop this habit anyway.

“Wow. You're so beautiful.” she smiles. I can't believe how nice she is. Am I beautiful? Don't think so.

“Thank you so much.” I smile at her awkwardly.

“Do you have a company here? A boyfriend or something?” she winks.

I don't know why I want to laugh. Maybe because her wink is funny.

“No, I don't have a boyfriend. You can say I am here alone.” I bit my lip.

“Why?” she knots her eyebrows.

“Well, I am lost. Have you heard about the plane accident? That was taking off from Washington.”

“No!” she puzzles.

“Well, I don't know why no one know about it. It means they don't care about us although it's their fault. I don't even understand what happened till now.” I frown.

“How you are staying here?” she questions. I don't know why something in her tone makes me feel that she isn't believing me. I don't blame her. I wouldn't believe myself if I were her.

“Uhm, that guy who was sitting on the seat next to me on the plane, thankfully helped me and let me share the room with him..without paying.” I say. I don't know why I am telling all that to this old woman but I can't deny that I loved her.

“You can always stay in my room. I have it with my son. We are staying for a week.” she smiles, like always.

“Thank you.” she's so decent. I'm glad every time I walk here I get to know a new one.

“Why don't you have breakfast with me in this restaurant. But you have to know that I'm the one who is paying. I'm older than you.” she points to a restaurant near us.

“Okay, thank you so much.” I shrug. I am hungry. I don't eat well these days.

She orders us two pies and coffee.

“You're so decent.” I finally tell her how I was thinking of her.

“So are you.” she compliments.

“Are you going to that party tonight?” I ask randomly.

“What party?” she questions and I immediately regret asking her. What would she do there!

“I knew someone here and he invited me to go to that party with him tonight.” I tell her and take a sip of my coffee.

“I didn't know that. Enjoy.”

“Won't you come?”

“Oh, no I guess no. I don't have anything to wear to that event.”

“Me too.” I bit my lips. I forgot about the clothes. I should just apologize to him.

“Oh, you should do shopping then. I saw very nice dresses in the shops here.” she says.

“Uhm, yeah maybe. I will see.” I lie. I don't want to tell her that I don't have money for that.

“Why don't you let me do the shopping with you?”

“Sure. But I think I would better apologize to him. I-I you know the accident. I couldn't take my money with me.”

“Oh, stupid Nena. Sorry I forgot that. I will pay for the dress.” she puts her hand on her forehead.

“No way! I just accepted the breakfast. No way I accept anything else. Thank you though.”

“Wait. You can give it to me after you wear it. Deal?”

“But....but what will you do with a worn dress which isn't your size!”

“I'll give it to anyone as a gift. Don't worry about it.” she smiles.

“I don't know what to tell you honestly.” I say.

“I liked you. I hardly like a girl as fast as I liked you.” she says. She's so lovely.

I did the shopping with Nena and I bought a dress which she chose. Since she's going to give it as a gift after I wear it so I think she better chooses it. It's a light pink dress that barely covers my knees with short sleeves. Thank God it's not so reveling.

“Thank you.” I thank her for the hundredth time.

After we spend some time, she excuses herself and we say our goodbyes.

“Where have you been?” Kyle opens the room's door once I step behind it.

“Oh.” is what I can manage to say. I enter the room and put the shopping bag on the bed. I didn't expect him to be waiting for me.

“And what's this?” he shakes his head and looks inside the bag.

“It's a dress.” I say, simply.

He shakes his head at me in confusion probably waiting for me to explain to him.

“Well, uhm I met a woman and she invited me for breakfast and offered to pay for that dress.” I say. I don't know why I feel ashamed that I agreed to take it.

“What?” his hand is moving through his hair.

“I'll give it back to her. I know that is weird but that's what happened.” I shrug.

“Why would she do that? And why is that dress for? And why didn't you tell me before you left?” he asks a lot of questions.

“I don't know why she did that but she said she liked me. I mean I sound stupid but I don't know. I will give her the dress back anyway, I will wear it for the party Jace invited me and I didn't tell you because you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you plus I didn't know that I will take all that time.” I sigh and move to the bathroom. He quickly blocks my way and steps on the door way.