Chapter Fifty eight

"Someone like me?" I narrow my eyes.

"I mean beautiful like you." He grumbles. Is he flirting? I don't understand him. I will just consider it a compliment. He's nice. I can't say otherwise.

We took a break. We ate together and talked about several things. Well, he is the one who kept talking. He talked about his family who lives in England. His close friends. I barely talked to be honest but he is nice and talkative.

My phone rings again. The same number is calling. I will answer it myself. I won't tell Jakob. I don't think there is a need for that.

"Hello." I say, hearing the same noises. I don't know why no one is speaking. "Whoever is calling, please if you are playing games don't call me again." I say and find Jakob grabbing the phone from my hand.

"Who are you? Don't call here again. I'm her boyfriend. So, if I knew you called again, I will split you twice." He says and ends the call.

What did he just say? My boyfriend! I know he just said that to make this annoying guy stop calling but still.

"Don't worry." He gives me the phone.

"I hope it's someone I don't know because otherwise it will be so awkward." I still don't know Jakob's intentions but I don't want to make him that close now. I still love someone else.

"I don't think someone knows you, will do that. Unless it is a prank or something." He shrugs.

"No. We don't do stuff like that to each other. I mean my friends don't joke like that." I shake my head no.

"Fine. Then an annoying dude." He pats on my shoulder. Oh no. He is touching me already.

"I'm strict." I remove his hand and stick my tongue out at him.

"No, you are silly." He chuckles. Thank God he didn't get offended.

We finish the day and I sign out. I can't deny that Jakob made the job more interesting and funny. I will be happy if we become friends. But just friends. He's handsome but maybe Kyle is still taking my attention. Something inside me hurts because he didn't come today to see me. Will he never come again? No, Kyle please I need to see you. I hate missing him.

"How was your day?" Mom asks when I enter the house.

"Kind of okay." I nod.

"Emma is in your room waiting for you." Mom states.

"Oh really!" I miss Emma so much.

I hug her tight when I saw her. I told her everything. I told her about Kyle and my feelings to him.

"Twy, I think he still loves you. Give him a chance. What he told you wasn't easy. You should stand by his side." Emma says, blinking behind her eyeglasses.

"Emma, what if he never showed up again?"

"He will, but don't keep pushing him. Why don't you call him?"

"I don't have his number." I sigh.

"You mom has it." Emma widens her eyes.

"Mom has Kyle's number?" When and how!

"Yes. That day of your birthday night, your mom called me and told me that Kyle called her to tell her about surprising you and all these stuff. So that when you call me, I pretend as if I will see you. So, she has his number."

"But how did he know her number? Oh I remembered. The same day in the morning he came here and I found them whispering something. Maybe that was it." Flashbacks of that day start to hit my mind.

"Yes, exactly." She nods.

"But I will not call him. No. He has to try harder. He's the one who hurt me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle's POV:

She has a boyfriend? Even if that bustard was lying but still who is he? And why does he answer her phone? I don't think Twyla would date that quick. Twyla is already nineteen and she hadn't dated once before me.

I can't get this shit out of my mind. If Twyla really has a boyfriend now, I am ready to murder him. No, Twyla is mine. What if he kissed her? What! No no Twyla wouldn't allow it. But what if he forced her? No I can't bear all that.

Why did I tell her that on her birthday! I am a bitch. But I want her. I love her so much. I now crave for alcohol but I don't want to do that because she doesn't like it when I drink. Does she love another guy?

Or was she dating him before I knew her and she lied to me? Who knows! Right. Maybe he was her boyfriend before I even got to know her.

"Kyle. Kyle." Mom screams. What's wrong?

"Kyle, your dad fell unconscious." What!!

I follow her running. Dad is laying on the floor unconscious. His face is so pale. I slap his face gently to awaken him but useless.

"Call the hospital." Mom screams.

I called the nearest emergency and they came quickly and took dad by an ambulance. Mom insisted going with me.

"Get in quickly." I tell her, getting into my car following the ambulance.

I quarrel with my dad a lot and we had a lot of fights but I realized that I care about him so much. I feel my heart will stop.

"Was he complaining from something?" The doctors ask us once we reach the hospital.

I don't know whether dad was complaining from something or has health issues. Shame on me.

I look at mom. I think she knows the answer.

"Yeah. He had surgery almost a month ago. He has heart problems." Mom cries.

What! Dad had surgery and I wasn't here beside him? I really hate myself. I wasn't keen to see him when I came back. I envy Twyla for missing her parents that much.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask mom when the doctor leaves us in the room.

"He was fine after the operation. I don't know what is happening now." Mom sobs. I didn't see mom like this before. She was always strong. I don't remember seeing her cry.

I get up and cuddle her. Maybe she needs me the most now.

————————————

Guys, now you can expect a new chapter everyday or every second day. So please keep me encouraged to write more.

Also tell me what you think of the story so far?

Finally, don't forget to vote and comment😂♥️