Chapter Thirteen

After I recover, I pull myself away from his hug.

We stare at each other for a minute.

“You okay?” he says in a soft tone.

“Think so.” I say and look away from him. I still don't believe he cuddled me or I cuddled him.

“Do you wanna eat?” he asks.

“Not really.” I shake my head.

“I’m going to have dinner. The hotel's restaurant is good.”

“Did you eat there before?” I am just wondering if he ever went downstairs for food and tried it as I didn't notice!

“Uhm, no well the girls told me.”

“Oh.” I bit my lips. I don't know why the scene of him with those girls in the pool isn't appealing at all to me.

“I may come.” I say.

“Okay, let's go.” he puts his shoes on.

“Wait.” I say and enter the bathroom to check my look. I know that my face is pale but I don't have any makeup. I really miss my strawberry lip gloss that would have made my look more brighter.

“You ready?” he calls from outside.

I immediately leave the bathroom and follow him outside. We use the elevator and he leads me to a very good restaurant. I am pretty sure the food will be very expensive but I'll be more carful to take care of how much he spent and will spend on me so I would return that money to him. I won't allow him to spend money on me for no reason. We even barely know each other.

“Do you have friends?” he asks once we took a table and sat.

“Sure...I mean definitely.”

“I can't imagine them. Are they fresh or naive like you?”

“Fresh? I don't know what you mean by fresh but they aren't naive like me.” I mock, smiling although I am hurt by his word. I am not naive. Am I? Even if I am he shouldn't say it.

“Your behaviors don't say that you are eighteen. I still can't believe that you're eighteen honestly.”

“I'm eighteen..well I don't have an ID now to prove it but you can just believe me.”

He chuckles.

“Okay. I will try.” he winks and the waiter puts the menus in front of us.

“What would you like to eat?” he says searching for something in his menu.

“Nothing.” the prices here are really high. Really really high. I don't think I can afford to give him that money later. How much did he pay for the room then if their food are very expensive like that?

“What?”

“It's really expensive.” I admit.

“You don't have to worry. I enough have money, not to let us live here forever of course but I have a good amount.”

Us? Live here forever! I wouldn't live with him here forever even if he has money to buy this whole hotel. He may just accept me for a few days until I find my mom and dad.

“Okay, your should spend your money on yourself not me.” I say clearly and mean it.

“I am spending it on me. If you hadn't come with me, I would have taken one of those girls with me instead.” he smirks. I know he's teasing me and I hate it. I hate that he thinks that I am jealous.

“I'm not jealous of those girls.” I don't realize that I say that out loud.

“Who said you are?” he raises an eyebrow but somehow I know that he's enjoying this.

“You.” I point out. “well, you are trying to say that...anyway it's nothing. I just don't know why you think that when you are nothing to me not even a friend. You are barely a stranger.”

“Yes, a stranger who you sleep in his bedroom and have dinner with.”

“What do you mean?” I raise an eyebrow and the waiter appears from nowhere to take our orders.

“Have you decided what you would like to eat?” the waiter asks.

“I will have scallop.” he says.

“Uhm, I will have.....grilled chicken.” I say awkwardly.

“Good choice.” he praises, scoffingly and I frown.

“Are you....were you in high school?” he asks breaking the silence.

“You are trying to know me then?”

He laughs. “Maybe...I mean sort of. You are actually interesting. Maybe because you are different from any girl I have met before.” he looks at my eyes.

“Sure I am.” of course I am different from any girl he has ever seen. At least I have no tattoos, I care more about my family not like him and I..am not rude.

“Sure you are.” he repeats, smiling.

“I'm going to college.” I finally answer him.

“Oh.” he says, sweetly.

“And you?” I finally ask him something back. I barely know anything about him.

“Me what? I'm in college.”

“What?” I am surprised actually. How old is he then?

“How old are you?”

“Why?”

“I hope for once you answer me without being so reserved. Don't worry I am not going to rob you one day.” I huff.

He surprises me by laughing.

“I'm twenty.” he says.

Twenty? Wow. I thought he's so much older. I thought he would say twenty five. That's why he doesn't believe that I am eighteen. I don't blame him.

“What?” he probably noticed my surprised expression.

“I thought you are older.” I admit.

“Because I have money?”

“No, but...I don't know I just didn't think you are twenty. You are only two years older than me.”

“Yeah.” he nods.

I don't know why he isn't caring about his college life then?

“How do you make money anyway?” I ask randomly.

“Ah, so you will begin your endless series of questions!” he says.

“I have tons of questions that I want to ask you but I know that you will answer none.” I admit. I'm actually so so curious to know about him.

“I'm working beside studying. Finish?”

“I was really looking forward to working beside studying.” I really like that. I want to do that someday but after I find my mom and dad first to live my normal life.

“You can.” he shrugs as if it's very easy although I think it's not.

Our food arrives and I am actually starving. I know that I told him that I am not hungry when he asked me but I was lying.

“How do you have money?” I ask after we finish our meals and he of course pays.

“I already told you.” he says after we left the restaurant.

“No, no I mean now!”

“With my bank card. It's not that difficult. I called them and they sent me another card after they knew what happened.”

“Oh.” I bit my bottom lip.

I hope I could do the same but I don't have a bank account even.

“I had a nice time with you.” he says before we step on the elevator. Actually he surprises me by saying that.

“Uh, me too. At least I knew some stuff about my roommate.” I smile.

After we step on our floor. Jace appears in front of us.

“Twi?” he grins and shakes hand with me.