Chapter Fifty three

Twyla's POV:
I woke up. I still need to get used to my room. Where did Kyle stay the night? What if he slept with some chick? What if he cheated on me! What if he returned to his old life which was full of dirty girls! No no I trust him. I better do.

I brushed my teeth, took a shower and wore clean clothes. I can't believe that now I have all my clothes, accessories and perfumes.

I get out of my room to mom making pan cakes.

"Yummy." I clap my hands.

"I know you love them." My mom puts the sauce on them. I can't tolerate them.

"Dad still didn't appear?" I ask her.

"Dad is fine. He will be here tomorrow." Mom puts a piece of pancakes in my mouth.

"Wow. Really?" I really miss dad. I miss when I wanted to go somewhere and mom said no, he would always talk to her and let me go. I love him.

"Whose birthday tomorrow?" Grandma says from the dining room.

I took a while to realize that it's my birthday. Oh God! I will be nineteen. Time flies so quickly.

"Thank you for remembering my birthday, grandma." I kiss her.

"I can never forget your birthday little girl." She pulls my nose.

"Are you sure I am still a young girl?"

"You will always be my little girl."

For one second, I wished I could spend that day with Kyle. I don't even remember telling him my birthday date so I don't expect him to remember it.

.........................................
Kyle's POV:

I woke up to my mom standing in front of me. Of course Maria didn't keep the secret. I should have known better.

"Good morning." I half open my eyes.

"Finally!" Mom huffs.

"Yeah. I missed you." I lied. Of course mom won't take it but I have no nerve to argue for more.

"Of course she left you. I already warned you. She wanted your money."

I don't know what mom is talking about. If she means Twyla so I really have no energy to fight now. I don't know how I will bring up that I want to marry her.

"Mom, please." I frown getting up. "If you mean Twyla, so no we are still together. I won't leave her anyway. Whatever happened." I emphasize every word.

"She's not your type. I don't know what made you like her." She yells.

I can't deny that Twyla was never my type. I don't actually believe in types. When you love someone sincerely, you don't see their flaws or type. You just love her as she is. She taught me how to love. How love feels.

"Did you like the girls who were my type as you say? You never liked any girl I dated." I don't understand her. She just enjoys protesting.

"You know very well I liked Selena. She was so rich and very educated. Her family-"

"Exactly. It's all about her family. Did you consider me in this story? Did you ask me if I loved her or not? You never cared about me." I don't know what made me return back to this house.

"Really! The girl's family isn't important to you? You don't want to marry a girl with a good history? Great family? Good look? Nice attitude?"

"Okay, I do but I have to love her first. And who told you that Twy doesn't have all that and more? She's very kind, innocent...She's pretty and her history is just like a white clean paper."

"Okay very well. Who are her parents? Are they well known?"

"I can't believe that's all you care about. Mom, I love her. I hope you just put my feelings and happiness a priority for you. Okay?" I take my towel and leave the room.

I don't want to think about anything just happened. I need to be in a good mood. I don't want to make Twy notice anything. She's too sensitive.

I head to Twyla's home. I wish I could call her to make this less awkward. But she still doesn't have a phone. I knock on the door.

"Hey Kyle welcome." Her mom greats me. She's nice. I don't understand how mom wants a better family!

"I'm so sorry for the disturbance." I apologize.

"Oh no it's fine." She made follow her to the living room.

.............................................

Twyla's POV:

I hear Kyle's voice. Oh God he came. Yaaaay. I missed him so much.

"Kyle." I say once I saw him. He was talking to my mom in low voice. I don't know why.

"Twy, how are you?" He asks me. I want to laugh. He never asked me this before.

"Alright. What about you?" I nod.

"Great. Actually just because I saw you." He smirks. I have butterflies already. But somehow I felt it's real and not just a compliment. Maybe he went to his home yesterday and they kicked him out? Oh no. Not to that extent but his mom is a bit harsh. I knew that I met her that day.

"Come have some breakfast." I tell and look at my mom. She forgot to offer him breakfast.

"Oh no. I just came to see you and say hi. I have to go anyway." He stands up. Oh what! Did he just come to say hi? I wish he stayed for more. I'm so disparate. I need to be more dependent. Kyle is no longer my everyday person. Of course he has so many people waiting for him. His friends, family and... the girls.

"See you." He says before he leaves. Okay fine Kyle.

"Mom, I talked to Emma and she wants to see me today." I want to go out. I also have friends that care about me. Not only you Kyle.

"Today? Why not tomorrow? Because today dad may come back." Mom bites her lips.

"Today? Wasn't it tomorrow?" I definitely want to see my dad but I thought he wasn't coming today but well I will cancel everything for him.

"Yeah but now he will come today."

"Okay fine. I will inform Emma then."

———————————————
Guys, don't forget to comment and vote. Have a good day.