Chapter Eight

I can't believe how silly he is. Fifteen? So he sees me like a child then. Why am I so stupid? Why he would know everything about me...and he didn't even tell me his name, I just knew it when Alex called him out. I leave them and go to the room. I will sleep for awhile. I really need to.

"We are home." A man calls from downstairs. He wakes me up.

I get out of the room.

"Let's go. The ship landed. We are in New York." Alex says to me, she seems so excited.

"Oh, okay." I run back to the room to take my dirty clothes.

I look around to see if I forget anything but no, I don't even have anything. Before I leave, I see Nial's jacket that he gave me that day when I felt cold. I take it with me.

I run with Alex downstairs and she helps me get out of the ship.

New York? I remember going to New York before but I was a child so I don't remember anything.

"What are going to do?" Alex says once we step outside the ship.

"Huh?"

"I'm asking you about what you are going to do." she repeats.

"Honestly I have nothing to say yet. I will just try to find mom and dad."

"Sure." she nods.

"Isn't there another ship coming after this?" I ask.

"I don't think so. I mean I haven't seen any sailing nearby but it's not impossible."

"So, where are the other passengers then? You said no one died, right?" I become nervous.

"Yeah, don't worry." she rubs my back.

All of the passengers get out of the ship. Some of them seem to know what they are going to do and the rest are just lost like me. But New York is fine, I guess.

"Where's Nial then?" Alex asks me.

"Nial? I didn't see him." I look around to find him. I need to give him his jacket. I really need someone to be with me. But Alex didn't offer and I don't find Nial.

"He's there. I can see him." Alex says and waves. I look to where she waves and find Nial helping a lady to climb out of the ship.

"He's gentle." Alex mutters.

I just smile. Gentle but sometimes a jerk... I remember that he is the one who saved me so I just decide to agree that he's gentle.

"I need to give him his jacket and maybe say goodbye." I say.

"Why? We will obviously meet again." Alex says.

I don't know if that could happen but I hope so. I need someone to be with me until I find my parents at least.

"Thank God all of us are safe." Alex says to Nial when he comes beside us.

"Yeah." he nods.

"Here's your jacket. Thank you again." I give it to him.

"No, you take it. Who knows maybe it will be cold here." he shrugs.

"No, thank you." I insist. It's his jacket after all.

"I said you will take it." he takes it from me and puts it on my shoulders.

"Thank you." I give in. I actually need it.

"Stop thanking me." he remarks bluntly.

He's nice and rude at the same time. I don't think I have ever met a person like him.

"Where are you going?" he asks me.

"To a hotel." Alex answers instead.

"Which hotel? Because I want one too." he pretends as if he was asking Alex to not embarrass her.

"Maybe Hilton?"

"Yeah, it's fine." he nods.

"So we will be in the same hotel then?" Alex smirks.

"I guess." he smiles.

"What about you, Twi?" he turns to me and I jump slightly from the surprise. Him saying my nickname still makes me flatter.

"Uhm...I will try to find mom and dad." I stammer. I still don't know how to search for them.

"Alone?" his eyes widen a bit.

"Looks like I have anyone to go with me." I roll my eyes.

"I will go with you." he says and I see Alex drops her mouth open. I feel more relief. At least I have someone to guide me.

"Great, Nail. I will see you at night then." Alex says.

"Twi, if you didn't find your parents, you could always share me in the hotel room, okay? I still want you to find them of course." Alex says to me.

"Thank you so much." I smile at her and she hugs me before leaving.

"Where?" he asks.

"Where?" I'm confused. Of course he's not asking me where my parents are.

"Where can we find them?" he says.

"Uhm, maybe....I actually don't know." I feel disappointed. I may tell he will be mad at me.

"Okay, let's see if there is any ship coming now." he says. I nod, smiling to him. I can't believe that he is not mad at me and will actually help me.

I hear him ask some pilots if there is another ship coming soon.

"They say that there are three ships coming." Nial says to me, narrowing his lips.

"Really?" thank God. Mom and dad should be in one of them.

"But not today." he adds.

"Oh." I bit my lips.

"Don't worry you will find them." he comforts me.

"But...but I don't have a place now. Where would I go?" I exclaim throwing my arms in the air.

"You can have a hotel room." he shrugs.

"Hotel room? As if I even have a cent? I thought I would find mom and dad today." I growl.

"Shhh. Could you just shut up? You are so freaking annoying. Let's see where the damn hotel is."

I can't believe he's saying that to me. I am freaking annoying? Because I want to find my parents today? Oh, I forgot he's bloodless.

"You go. I'll stay here." I protest, putting my hands on my waist.

"Here, where?" he says then laughs. Hate this.

"In the port." I say.

"Really?" he laughs again. His laughter is attractive. I can't deny that I love to hear it but not when he is laughing at me.

"Yeah...I can't have a room in a hotel as you see." I shake my head.

"Come with me or I will leave you." he threatens.

"I said I am not." I frown.

"You should be stupid then. Alex offered you her room if you didn't find your parents and you didn't."

"I don't want to annoy her plus I want to watch the ships coming. Maybe one of them will come tomorrow at the very early. I should be here."

"That's if you live to tomorrow. Here it's dangerous little girl." he warns. Little girl? Why is he calling me that!

"Don't worry about me." I say. As much as I want to stay at a room in a hotel to relax and have shower regardless not having clothes, I still need to find mom and dad.

"Okay, let me tell you. The pilot told me that the first ship will not arrive until three days from now." he shouts. "I didn't want to tell you to not disappoint you." he adds.

"What?" three days? It couldn't be. Why?