Chapter Thirty eight

Kyle's POV

How could this damn Jack do that to me? He wants to destroy me. He sure was behind Selena's trick or he was at least helping her. He now wants to take Twy. Do I really care about her? I really do! Well I don't want this pig to take her...from me. She's not mine but I am the one who brought her here. I don't wanna harm her and Jack will. He was holding her hand no wonder what else he did. He could play in her mind. Twy isn't that girl but she may get fed up with his lies.

Well, I should face the truth. She started to be something important in my life. A routine maybe or something? I don't know but I'm sure that I've a strange feelings toward her. That's because she's different maybe? I feel like I really want to protect her as if she's my little girl. I know I never showed that to her. But I.....I sometimes feel that I love her which makes me afraid to be honest. Especially she has difficult conditions. I mean whenever she finds her family, she will leave.

"What did he do to you?" I turn to Twy.

"Nothing. He was friendly." She looks with intensive eyes. Wow he got her easily.

"Jack is dangerous." I warn her.

"And you are not?" She frowns. What?

"What do you mean?" My voice is still quiet.

"If Jack is dangerous, you are too." She huffs. Her eyes are wide open and she doesn't blink. That can't be true? Doesn't she trust me? Instead she thinks I'm dangerous.

"Am I dangerous?" I move a step closer to her and she doesn't move back. Weird.

"You're....I don't know. Everything I hear about you is always bad....unbearable." She balls her fits to the side.

"And?" My heart feels tight. She thinks I'm dangerous when I thought I was here to protect her.

"I don't know. You said you won't change. It's up to you but don't always act like perfect." She spits. She's trying to hurt me.

"Who said I'm perfect? You thought I was perfect?" I narrow my eyes. I want to understand her. To know exactly how she thinks of me.

"I knew from the day I met you that you weren't anything near perfect. You're the only one who believes that." She shakes her head and looks away. No, I've to stop her here now.  I never cared about how a girl thinks of me really but here I'm now.

"I never said I am perfect. I'm not. You are not. No one is." I throw my arms in the air.

"You act like it." She blinks. "Kyle I can't deny that you are gentle and you let me stay in your place and you're treating be nicely." She pauses. "And that I'm leaning on you all the time. I don't know anyone here but you. I feel like I always can come up to you. Sure we don't know a lot about each other but every new thing I know about you makes me shocked. Makes me upset and I don't know why....Maybe I consider you as a friend or something so....I wanna see in a better way. Not for me but for you. I'm leaving anyway. Today, tomorrow, I'm leaving and I know that you won't want to see me again." She breathes.

I need two hours to think well about every single word she said now. She consider me as a friend? Oh God! I've never felt disappointed like now. Why my heart is so tight now? What's she doing to me? She's the dangerous one. Yes, she is. She makes people love her because she's....she's little and innocent. She's different. She has manners and concepts. She doesn't give up to liquors. She doesn't give up to anything. She's virgin. Well, actually she's perfect but she totally doesn't know anything about it. She's too stupid too. But she can hurt so much.

"What am I to you?" From all these mess, I chose desperately to know more about what am I to her.

She doesn't talk. She's just staring at me.

"I'm waiting for the answer." I remind her.

She surprise me by laughing. I love this sound a lot but I don't know the reason behind this laughter now.

"What?" I frown a bit.

"Why do you care?" She's more serious now like she really wants to know the reason. Shit.

"I don't." I shrug. "I just need to know."

"I don't think so. From when do you care about how I think of you. Isn't it weird?" Her small pink mouth is taking my attention now. I need to focus. I look at the wall behind her.

"From now." I huff. "Answer the damn question." I'm starting to get nervous now.

"Didn't you hear me? I've just said maybe I consider you as a friend." I know I made her happy now. She'll now think I care about her and how she thinks of me.

"Maybe?" I bite my tounge.

"Yeah." She nods and rolls her eyes.

I press my lips on a hard line and let out a sigh I didn't I was holding.

"Okay, great." I say without looking at her.

"Are you upset? Don't worry I won't call you after I leave." She's killing me more. Well I shouldn't give a fuck about her anymore. No one ever can do that to me.

"Yes, please. Forget my name...after you leave." I yell.

"Yeah sure." She nods. She looks hurt. She's the one who started it with me first. "I think I'm even leaving very soon." She adds. What?

"Not leaving New York, well not yet. I'm gonna leave Jack's house. Congratulations. The annoying girl will leave your whole life." She says looking at the ground not letting me see her face.

"It's up to you. I don't think it's a good idea though. I'm leaving Jack's place anyway. You can stay with him." Maybe by knowing she's away with Jack will make me forget her.

When she doesn't respond, my hands reach for her face forcing her to look up. Oh my God. She's crying. No God.

"Hey." I wipe her tears by my thumbs.

"I'm fine. Just everything.....you know isn't going so well. So,.....I'm so confused now. You can leave me alone." She whispers. I automatically pull her to my chest. I cuddle her rubbing her hair by one hand. Surprisingly she surrounds her arms around my waist. Oh, it feels so good. I feel like I wanna cry as well cuddling her forever. Her cuddle is comfort, safety...everything that feels good...perfect.

"I don't want you to leave." I mutter so quietly. I hope she didn't hear me but at the same time I want her to hear me so she wouldn't leave me.

"What did you just say?" She looks up at me. Well now I hope she hadn't heard me.

"Nothing." I close my eyes. "Well I was...saying you don't have to leave. Like you can always stay with me. Until you find your family of course."

I catch her smiling. This is Twy, actually us crying then smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" I'm curious. Seems like she enjoys watching me creeping for her. Shit if she knows how I feel now.

She frees herself from my cuddle. NO.

"I wasn't." She lies. I know she's lying.
"That's crazy isn't it?" She changes the subject.

"You were smiling." I stare at her eyes and I swear her eyes are smiling. "What's crazy anyway?"

"Because look how we are. A minute yelling at each other, the next cuddling. So weird." She didn't say about about her smiling. But it's fine yes she's right. It's crazy and weird. We can make each other mad and happy at the same time. I'm still hurt because of what she just said but I won't ruin the moment now. I'm not that bad, am I? No! She doesn't know anything. Just wondering what fucking Jack told her about me.

"Which minute do you like more?"

"I don't know. I think I like both." She looks at my chest.

"Of course you do. Because you can say whatever you want. Because you enjoy insulting me, right?"

"Insulting you?" She narrows her eyes as if she didn't do anything just awhile ago. "Like my words matter to you?" She shakes her head. "