Chapter Twenty

“Get up.” I can't fight my laughter. “You're drunk, believe me.”

“I believe you.” he scoffs.

“Great.” I grin at him.

“What did you want? I mean why did you wake me up?”

“Me?” I almost laugh. He's losing his mind obviously. “that's why you are in the bathroom, right?”

“Yes. Or it was me?” he asks and I nod and laugh.

“Won't you get up and go to your room? I need to sleep. Unless you will take a shower to be sober. I don't know what you should exactly do now.” I say. I don't have any experience about it.

“I won't be a sober and you won't sleep.” he says.

“Then?” I huff.

“We can spend time together.” he grins.

“I don't spend time with a drunk.” I shake my head.

“Don't worry. I won't touch you. If I wanted, I would have done that since you agreed to stay here with me.” his hands wave between us.

How I didn't worry that he might have taken advantage of me staying here with him in the same room! Because I'm a naive, this idea didn't even cross my mind.

“I know that. Not because I trust you but because I know you can't.” I say, trying to sound confident and unafraid.

He laughs. “What would you do?” he shrugs.

“I need to sleep.” I groan. I know that I can do nothing but I for sure don't want him to know that.

“Why do you want to prevent me from seeing your eyes?”

“Why are you saying that? Don't act as if you now see me in a different way.” I'm sure I look like hell and my eyes are pale from bare sleep.

“I don't.”

“You always disliked me and made fun of me. I know that you don't stand me not that I care if you do.” I say. My tone is quiet. I don't need to be shouting now for his sake. I know that he lost his mind.

“You don't care?” he raises an eyebrow.

“Sure, I don't.” I shrug. I know I am lying. I always cared about everyone's opinion on me. I don't know if that's because I am not enough confident or what.

“We have been here in the same room for days and we didn't even try to talk.” he sighs. “but you know my story. I don't know why I told you though.” he shrugs.

“I don't either. Why did you even trust someone like me, I don't understand!” I scoff.

“I've no idea. But I am sure as hell that you pushed me to tell you about my story.” he closes his eyes.

“Why would I even believe it? I don't think I believed it that's why I am still here with you in this room.”

“What do you mean?” he opens his eyes.

“If that's the truth, then I will be in danger.” I say. How I didn't feel afraid to stay with someone who is watched and God only knows what will happen later. I am sure I believed every word he said although I shouldn't believe him since he lied about his name but that should have been the explanation of why he lied about it.

“Don't worry. No one will harm you. They just want me.” he finally stands up.

I close my eyes and shake my head. This can't be true. I'm afraid now. I hope I could just sleep safely until tomorrow. I wish I could find my parents tomorrow.