Chapter Seventeen

“Are you really going to this party thing?” he frowns.

“Yeah.” I shrug. I can't tell if I am really happy to go or not but why would I disagree! It should be fun. I hope it's. Actually I think the most important reason I am going is to not stress. I know that I will keep thinking about mom and dad the whole time and panic.

“Okay.” he rubs his chin.

“Okay, can you let me in?” I ask.

He moves away and I enter the bathroom closing the door after me.

I look at the small clock that is placed on the bathroom wall, it's 6 PM. I forget to ask Jace about the party time. Well, I still have his number and I can use Nai- Kyle..Kyle's phone.

I get out of the bathroom again after I wash my face.

“Can I use your mobile?” I ask, politely.

“Why?”

“Uhm, I need to ask Nail about the party time.” I say.

“Nail?” he raises an eyebrow then laughs.

“Nail?” I knot my eyebrows.

“You said you need to ask Nail.” he says, still laughing.

“I didn't. I said Jace.” I shake my head. I am sure I said Jace. What's wrong with you Twi? there's no one called Nail. Even Nail is Kyle.

“You said Nail. Anyway it's at 8.” he says, surprising me. How did he know?

“Oh, are you sure?” I ask and he nods, carelessly. “Thank you.”

I go back to the bathroom to get dressed. I'm so excited because Nena gave me some makeup products to use for tonight. I should give her the makeup and the dress back tomorrow. I don't like to use others makeup products but they are unused. I am so lucky about the new stuff I get so far.

I finish my look and I look so much more beautiful. I gain some confidence as well. Thanks Nena. I finish by 7 as I take my time and do some effort to put the makeup. I look so unlike me. I mean sure for the better but it's odd.

“I'm leaving.” I say to Kyle once I step out of the bathroom. I really need to see his expression when he sees me that way. I mean I don't know why I want to show him that I can be a pretty girl like those who were with him in the pool.

He drops his mouth open so wide. He's lost I guess.

“Who are you?” he asks.

“Twi.” I say, timidly and laugh.

“It can't be.” he smirks. I'm happy because he liked my look but unhappy because he made me feel that I was looking too bad compared to now.

“It happened to be.” I roll my eyes.

“Be careful and don't drink.” he instructs. Why he sometimes makes me feel that he's replacing my father's role? Anyway I wasn't going to drink.

“I'm eighteen.” I say.

“I always forget.” he teases.

“Okay, don't forget again. I will have to put a Padgett and write eighteen on it if you forget again.”

“And don't forget to write silly and annoying because I sometimes forget how silly and annoying you can be.” he replies.

“Like really? Okay.” I growl and leave the room.

I don't know how I let him talk to me that way. I'm broken actually. Does he see me silly and annoying? Am I really silly and annoying? No one has mentioned that before to me.