chapter 3: Favorite Student List / edited

It's been a week since the beginning of school and it's been terrible apart from Jamie, Madison, Chloe and I literally becoming best friends with our mentor. She teaches us like 3 days a week and peeps into our other classes every once in a while to see if we're not tearing apart the other teachers.

Sometimes we forget that she's a teacher. She's so easy to talk to and to make jokes with. I find myself struggling to find words to say from time to time. Sometimes it's because of her cleverness and sometimes it's because she's just so pretty that I have no words to say.

And I know that it's wrong, but as long as it's just a little crush; nothing wrong with it. It's not like I've never had a crush on a girl before and sadly it's not the first teacher I've had a crush on either.

"Good morning girls, are we excited for today?" Demi asks as we all slowly enter the classroom. "Very. Can't wait". Jamie says monotonously while we sit down. "Good, cause I have good news!"

It takes the class a while to settle down and be quiet but we get there eventually. "So, for educational purposes every year we let you guys watch 3 movies. Normally we have those videos on tape or they're just in the computer system, but somehow we can't get our hands on this movie. So, we're seeing the movie in a movie theatre next week".

Some yays erupt from the class but there's not the excitement that Demi was expecting, I guess. "Tough crowd". I say, making her glance my way and roll her eyes at me. "Why aren't you guys excited? That's fun right?" "Meh." Jamie says shrugging. "Your last 4 classes of the day will be canceled because of it". Demi says which makes it sound 10 times more interesting to the entire class.

Demi smiles while she sighs. "Unbelievable. Well, let's get our books out and scan through it for a moment". She sits down at her desk while we get ready

She gives us instructions on assignments and let's us work on them for the last half of the class. Jamie's mostly distracted by Madison and Chloe behind her, like always. I silently work on my assignments while following the conversation they have going on.

"There is no way I'll be able to finish all of the damn work these teachers are giving us. It's the first week, give me a break god damn it". Jamie says, receiving agreements form the two girls behind her.

"We have like 4 tests coming up in the following two weeks and the first week hasn't even ended yet.". Madison says, as she boringly browses through the book on her table. "Maybe if you'd follow Daisy's behaviour, your school work wouldn't pile up so much". Demi says, looking up from the laptop in front of her.

"Well, you've got the wrong idea about Daisy Miss, this morning she was copying my geography homewo-" I quickly shush her and cover her mouth as I feel a dark shade of red appear on my face. "Don't say that, I'm a great student" I mumble, quickly glancing over to Demi who's chuckling.

"I don't participate in that kind of nonsense Miss Lovato, don't listen to her lies." "She's just trying to take Daisy's spot at the top of your favorite students list" Chloe says. Demi laughs. "Who says Daisy's at the top of my list?" Demi raises an eyebrow at Jamie and then looks over at me. I feel my face turn even redder and I groan in embarrassment as my head lowers into my book.

"We figured you'd be besties by now. You've had some time to take Mr Crawford's place. From what I've heard you're definitely up there". Jamie says. "I haven't gotten an update on her list yet, so I wouldn't know how I'm doing". I raise my head from book and send her a desperate glare that makes her giggle.

"And according to that face Jamie just dropped a few spots down her best friend list". "She's not even on there anymore" I mumble. Jamie side hugs me and we move on from embarrassing me.

"So what movie are we seeing?" Jamie asks. "The King's Speech" "Can we bring popcorn?" Demi sighs with a grin on her face. "You can bring as much food as you want as long as you watch the movie. Now go work on your assignments if you don't want a pile of work". Jamie chuckles and grabs her pen to start writing.

Class ends eventually and we all pack up our bags. "Do your homework for next Monday and enjoy your weekend guys!" Demi says as the whole class leaves the room. "Do you guys wanna grab some lunch before we go home?" Jamie asks while we walk out of the class. "Yeah, sure".

Just as we are about the leave the hallway I hear my name coming from behind me. "Diasy, this is yours right?" Demi walks up to me with my pen case in her hand. "Oh, yeah. Thanks!" I say, taking it from her hand.

And then she winks, once again. It sends a wave of nerves down my body and I feel like I'm literally frozen on my feet for a moment. "Okay, let's go". Jamie says putting her hand on my shoulder. "Bye Miss!" Madison yells as we start walking down the stairs.

When Demi's gone back into her classroom Jamie shoves me slightly. "What was that? You like froze when she handed it to you". I brush it off. "It was nothing, let's get lunch".

-
this is future editing liz and god, future editing liz is struggling reading the 2014 version of this story. i can't believe i actually thought this was a good story im seriously in pain when i read some of the stuff.