CHAPTER 29: SCHOOL TRIP II / edited

Wednesday

Wednesday's pretty boring, we visit the American Museum of Natural History, statue of liberty and we walk around time square for a little bit. We're not divided in groups this time, so it's a little harder to be close to Demi.

But that's fine, I enjoy spending the time with Maddie, Chloe and Jamie as well. We've all been busy with our own stuff the past few weeks, so it's nice to catch up with them as well. The only time we are divided in groups is when we get a tour through the Museum of Natural History. The group's randomised and so I end up split from the three of them, but at least I'm grouped with Olivia.

While we wait for the other group to be finished, Olivia sits down next to me on one of the steps outside of the museum.

"Hi gorgeous, how's it going?" I look up and smile at her. "I'm good, how are you enjoying the trip so far?" "I'm having a blast. We got Ms Williams tipsy last night, you'll never believe what she admitted to us." She has a cheeky grin on her face.

"What is it?" "We asked her who she thought was the most attractive teacher at our school. Guess who she said." I think but before I can usher a guess she reveals the answer. "Ms Lovato." I raise my brows. "Ms Williams? Gay?" She nods.

"I would've never thought that. Well, yesterday evening Demi did tell me that Ms Williams called her hot." "That's so cute, we should be their wing-women." Ouch. How do I even respond to this? No, I don't want to be their wing-woman because I am hopelessly in love with Demi?

"Definitely." I say with the fakest smile. "I heard we're going out tomorrow, we should totally set them up together." I nod and try to change the subject. "Going out? Who did you hear that from?" "Who do you think? Ms Tipsy Williams, of course. But she didn't budge much so I'm not exactly sure what the plan is."

I am so bummed out about the idea of setting Demi up with another woman, but I know I can't be pissed about it. It just puts me in a horrible mood to think about Demi and Ms Williams together. After 20 more minutes of moping around, the other group arrives and I immediately make my way back to Jamie and the girls. 

(demi's point of view)

On the subway, on our way back to the hostel, I'm pretty much cornered by some seniors from Ms Williams' homeroom class. I teach them all English lit and some of the kids I'm friendly with. Olivia's with them as well.

"So, Ms Lovato, I was wondering if you're in a relationship right now?" One of the girls asks. I chuckle at the bluntness of these kids. "Why would you wanna know that?" She shrugs. "Well, there might just be someone walking around with a crush on you." 

I know that it's wrong, and I know that it's inappropriate but my first thought goes out to Daisy. It wouldn't be her, right? Daisy always stays out of gossip and drama. 

"That sounds interesting." I say. The kids are giggling at the situation. "So, are you dating anyone? A boy or a girl, of course." The emphasis on 'a girl', makes me a little more nervous if I'm honest. 

"I'm not seeing anyone, no. But now I am very curious about who's walking around with a crush on me." They beam with excitement. "Should we tell her?" A girl mumbles to another group of girls, and they loudly contemplate telling me or not. After a while they come to the conclusion to tell me. 

"Alright, so yesterday evening we heard, first hand, that Ms Williams thinks you're cute." Aha. That made sense, eventually. I must say that I've never looked at Ms Williams that way, and I don't think she's my type. 

"Did you now?" They nod. "But what about you, Ms? Do you think she is cute too?" I chuckle while looking at their eager-to-find-out-faces. "I mean, Ms Williams is a pretty woman, but I'm not sure if we're on the same page about this." "But, you think she's cute?" I shrug. "I guess she's cute, yes."