Chapter 24: I'd love some wine / edited

hi are you doing anything rn? x

- nope, home alone, whatsup?

can i come over?

- haha for sure

Within 30 minutes I've parked my car in front of Olivia's house.

She sees my car and opens the front door while I get out of the car. "Hi gorgeous." She says, as I walk up to her. "Hi babe, how are you?" "Pretty good, my parents out of town for the week so I have the house to myself." She lets me into the house and shows me around a bit.

"You have the house to yourself and you're not throwing party after party?" I ask, while we're settling on the couch in the living room. "I enjoy going to parties, but giving them is just too much. People are disgusting, and I care about my stuff." "I get that."

"You want anything to drink? Some wine or anything?" "I'd love some wine." After a while she returns from the kitchen with two glasses and a bottle of wine under her arm. She chuckles as she watches me swallow down pretty much half the glass after pouring it for myself.

"Looks like you needed that." "I've had a day, to say the least." I take another sip. "What's going on?" I hesitate telling her. It's pretty private and Jamie's been pretty clear about wanting to keep this a secret.

"It's- pff, it's a massive thing to explain, and kind of sensitive. Let's just say I was helping someone with literally getting through an abortion." Her eyes widen. "Jeez, yeah, I understand why you'd need a bottle of wine to process that."

"Yeah, it's been a pretty exhausting time. Also with midterms coming up and the holidays are always such a busy time of year. I just feel like I'm being lived, right now, do you know what I mean?" She nods vigorously. "Tell me about it, my parents put me through a lot, I'm glad I have some time to myself this week."

"I feel like the past few months have been a dream, or something." She agrees. "I know right, time's going so quickly, we're already almost halfway January, in about 4 months there's finals and then we're done. It's all going so fast, I feel like there's barely time to just enjoy the moment."

I feel all the stress wash away with every minute of conversation with Olivia. She genuinely listens and understands what I'm talking about. It's like I can finally vent about how much pressure I've been experiencing the past few months.

We spend the entire evening chatting and drinking wine, and when we've finished the first bottle she gets out another without consideration. And with every next sip of wine, I feel more drawn towards her and I notice that we're sitting a little closer together every time we shift positions.

"I'm glad you weren't doing anything tonight, I really needed this." "Of course gorgeous, I'm glad you texted me." Something about the smile on her face tells me she's thinking the same thing and before I realise what I'm doing, I'm leaning in to kiss her.

And it feels good, she's gentle and sweet and my mind is off the whole situation for a while. Our hands roam around each other and I feel the tension rising. She takes off my shirt and unhooks my bra within a matter of seconds. Her body is soft and warm against my skin, and she touches me in ways that make my the hairs on my body rise. It feels good when I feel her hand undo the zipper of my jeans, and I feel her fingers graze over my panties. She knows just how to please me and everything feels right, up until the moment I start to think back to Jamie, and her whole situation, and how she enjoyed having sex with Noah too. She trusted him and then he impregnated her without even bothering to tell her he must've taken off the condom. Discomfort starts taking over my body, while Olivia's busy trying to make me feel good.

I can't help but start crying while pushing her away. She immediately sits up and hands me back my shirt from the ground. "Oh my god, Daisy, did I do anything to hurt you? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything."

"No, no, you did nothing wrong, I'm just-" I wipe away my tears and she hands me a tissue to blow my nose. "I'm just a little overwhelmed. All I can think about is Jamie, and how she-" Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Oh god, I didn't mean to-" I start sobbing again. Olivia pulls me into a hug and rubs my back to soothe me. "It's okay Daisy, I'm not going to tell anyone, I understand how fucked up this whole thing is for you guys." I feel like such an idiot, but I blurted it out without realising.

"It's just so god damn unfair that Jamie thought they were being safe, and apparently they weren't and now she's saddled with going through an abortion. And all I could think about just now is how she enjoyed it all and how bad she must've been feeling when she realised she was pregnant." "I know, it's horrible, and no one deserves to go through that."

Olivia and I put our clothes back on and she gets me a glass of water from the kitchen so I can calm down.

"Alright, here's the thing. I'm going to quit going to study hall. It'll be good for me to stand up to my parents, and have some free time outside of school instead of spending every waking minute there. You can claim your space there, have some time to yourself without having parents or Jamie or any distractions around you, how about that?"

"That's really sweet of you Liv, thank you." I give her a hug. "It'll be good for the both of us. And I think it's also good we don't do anything intimate anymore. I like you, but I feel like it's just not gonna add anything to our friendship." I nod. "I agree, thanks for this."

-

comment & vote!!