CHAPTER 35: Did I win? / edited

"So, have you come up with an ending to your little daydream already?" I ask, after mustering up the courage to bring it up for a while.

We're seated in the empty classroom, it's gotten dark and rainy outside in the meantime, but neither of us took a second to complain about having to shelter from the storm in school together. Demi brought us some cups of tea from the teacher's room. She obviously uses the mug I gave her.

I can tell Demi did not see that coming cause despite her trying to hide it, her eyes widen a little in disbelief. "Look at you being ballsy, what's gotten into you?" I chuckle and don't break eye-contact with her while taking a sip from my tea.

"I guess I'm kind of relieved that I'm not the only person with nerves now." Demi quirks her eyebrow. "I'm never nervous." I chuckle. "Oh, really? What about last week in study hall then?" "I told you, I brought that upon myself by daydreaming about you." "I'm not convinced. I still had to do with that."

She scoffs. "It's real hard to make me nervous honey, but feel free to try me." I shrug playfully. "Besides, I think you'd be the first one to break." I drop my jaw slightly. "I'd love to see how you would try to break me." That last comment sounds a lot dirtier than I intended it to be, but seeing the reaction I get out of Demi for it makes up for it.

I can feel the tension between us rise, and the butterflies in my stomach are going out of control. She shifts in her seat and crosses her legs. "Do you now?" I nod and pretend not to be fazed. A wicked grin spreads across her face.

"Alright, if you ask for it." I feel all the heat in my body rise to my cheeks when she says that, and before I can think of protesting about what I just got myself into, I see Demi's eyes start to lighten up with a mischievous sparkle.

"Okay, so I told you about how we'd be alone in study hall and you'd be sitting on a desk with most coy smile plastered on your face, right?" I instantly know what she's doing. "Can you sit down on that desk over there for me, please?" Her voice is soft but stern.

I slowly get up and walk over to the desk. I sit down on it and swing my feet back and forth. She slowly gets up and starts walking towards me. I can almost hear my blood course through my body, and my heartbeat's in my ears. My stomach flips with every step she takes and I try my hardest to keep my composure.

"I stand right here," she positions herself right in front of me, my legs on either side of hers "and I don't take my eyes off you for a single second." She brings her hand up to my face and I almost jerk away when she puts her hand on my cheek. Her fingertips softly graze my cheeks before she tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I look into your eyes, I look at how flushed your cheeks get when I get even closer to you," she takes a small step closer to me, and I can feel the heat of her body on mine. Her hand finds it's way into my hair and she softly scrapes her nails against my scalp. I almost close my eyes until I remember that I have to try and act like I've got my cool.

She softly grips onto my hair and my head can't help but tilt slightly, moving with her touch. She lets her hand glide back to my cheeks, and softly grazes my bottom lip with her thumb. "I look at your lips, and how desperately you want me to kiss them." She leans forward for a slight moment there, but leans back when she notices me leaning in as well.

She giggles and it's the hottest thing I've ever heard come out of her mouth. I let out a frustrated little sigh but she doesn't respond to it.

"And here's when I would slowly start kissing you. I'd take it real slow and soft at first, letting you ease into it cause I'm sure you're very very nervous by now." She raises her eyebrows playfully and I try to turn my head away from her to hide the red in my cheeks, but she keeps her hand on my cheek to push my face back up again.