Chapter 42

Demi's POV

'Demi, it's time!' this guy yells. I nod and stand up. Someone quickly fixes my hair and then we walk out of my dressingroom.

It's x-factor time. After my first year on the school where I met Daisy, I stopped and started my music career. 

I got cast in soaps and movies and I also released my first CD. It was a crazy time, but after 4 years, I'm got used to it.

Also, I worked my ass off to get over Daisy and it worked out. I am completely over her. I'd love to see her again though, but I guess we're over.

My heart broke when I read the letter she wrote me, but I was really angry too. 

James told me, that she wanted to hook up with him and that she was touching him and stuff. She told him that we weren't true love and that she wasn't a lesbian at all.

I believed James, of course. Why would he make that up? When I read that she couldn't carry bags or boxes and that I could keep all her stuff, I realised that something really bad was going on. I fucked everything up.

But as I said, I'm over her and that's just a memory now. 

'I want to welcome, Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio, and, Demi Lovato!' Simon yells into the mic. We wave and smile at the crowd and after a couple minutes we sit behind the desk. 

A guy walks up and we hear girls freaking out. He smirks at them and stops in the middle of the stage. He doesn't look bad. 

'Hello, what's your name?' 'My name is Richard'. Kelly nods. 'And where are you from?' 'From Colorado' 'What are you gonna sing for us?' 'I'm gonna sing Just the way you are by Bruno Mars' 'Take it away' 'Sure'. 

He starts singing, and it's.. HORRIBLE!

The audience boos and Simon stops the music. 

'Richard, who came here with you?' 'Nobody'. He laughs nervously. 'That's what I thought, if someone actually had heard you singing before they came with you  to stop you'. 

We give him 4 no's and he walks off stage. 

'Is it going to be a day like this again?' he asks. I shrug and we look at the next person who comes up. It's a girl this time. 

'Hey sweetheart' I say smiling. I recognize her, probably from a meet & greet. I look at her from head to toe and I see scars on her wrists and in her neck. 

'Hey' she answer while standing on the middle of the stage. She avoids eyecontact with me. 'What's your name?' 'My name is Daisy Matthews'. 

My eyes widen and I stop breathing for a second. Kelly looks at me and decides to take it over from there. 'And Daisy, what are you going to sing for us today?' 

'Turn your face by Little Mix'. I feel tears burning in my eyes. She sang that to me in the week of her exams. When she got kicked out a couple months before. 

'Go ahead' She smiles and still isn't searching for eyecontact with me. This is the first girl who is playing an insturment while singing this year. 

In my memory, all the small things, like daggers in my mind

In my memory, while my head bleeds, the words I'll never find

That I always meant to say to you I can't

Cause you turned your face, and now I can't feel you anymore

Turn your face, so now I can't see you anymore