Chapter 11: Rough night? / edited

I had to take the coldest shower ever this morning. Nothing could get the image of Demi's lips on mine out of my head. And every time I thought back to it, I felt my skin turn red. 

I walk into school and don't notice Jamie standing near my locker until she jumps up and down waving. "Hello? What's up with you? Rough night?" "Oh-yeah, something like that. Just really tired." I say, getting some books from my locker. 

I take as long as I possibly can, annoying Jamie cause we could be late to English. I'd honestly rather skip class than face Demi right now, but we're gonna have to deal with it. As soon as the bell rings, Jamie and I walk into the classroom.

"Ladies, good morning, take your seats." Demi says, as we get in. She looks so beautiful today, and her smile is so contagious. I rip my eyes away from her and me and my flushed cheeks walk to my seat. 

I try to look up at Demi as little as possible, cause every time I see a glimpse of her, I'm back in the hot classroom, with her lips pressed against mine and her hands roaming around. "Dude," Jamie whispers while she elbows me. "What's going on?" "Nothing, what?" I ask, not trying to be suspicious. 

"Do you have a pen?" I give her a pen from my case and she shakes her head while going back to her notes. I look back at Demi and she's talking. I don't hear any of the words coming from her mouth, but I process that she is talking. "Daisy, what's your answer to this?" I shoot out of my thoughts. 

"Uh- uh-" I look down at my notes. Nothing. I look back at Demi. "I- Sorry, I was zoned out." "Alright, Haley, what about you?" She didn't like that, I can tell. I genuinely try my hardest to shake this all off. "What kept you up last night?" Jamie whispers. "You're so vague right now." "I had a weird dream." I say, before going back to my attempt at paying attention.

When we're all working independently, Jamie pokes around a little more. "What did you dream about?" "It was nothing. It just woke me up in the middle of the night, and I couldn't get much sleep after that." "Hmm. And you're not gonna tell me what it was about?" She grins and I feel like she knows exactly what happened last night. "No. And you shut up right now." "I'm not saying anything!" 

"Ms? Can I go fill up my water bottle?" I ask, while raising my hand, trying to flee this situation with Jamie. "Sure." She says. 

I refill my bottle with some cold water and run my hands through some water as well. I sprinkle some of it in my neck to cool down and fix my hair in the mirror. When I re-enter the classroom, Jamie still has the same stupid grin on her face. 

"Shut. Up." I whisper, as I sit back down next to her. "I haven't even said anything, dumbass. You're literally admitting everything yourself, and I don't even have to do anything for it." She says laughing. "You know nothing." I grab my pen and start doing some assignments. 

"But I get it Dais, I wouldn't wanna talk about the sex dream I had with my favourite teacher while she's about 2 meters away from us either." She whispers closely into my ear, making sure Demi's not able to hear it. 

I slap her, hard, and it echoes through the classroom. Jamie yelps and Demi looks up from her laptop. "Girls, settle down please." She mumbles, before going back to her own work. 

"It wasn't a sex dream, we just made out." I whisper after a while, trying to make sure Demi can't hear anything I say. "I was right!" She whispers loudly. I pretend to write something down, and I notice Demi looking up at Jamie. "Sorry Ms." She says, while she bends over her notebook.

"Was it hot?" Jamie whispers after a while. "I really don't want to talk to you about this right now, I've been through so many emotions in the last 12 hours, and I also don't want anyone else hearing this. I'll tell you later." I whisper, desperation in my voice. It makes Jamie chuckle. 

"I love seeing you like this." She says before going back to her work. A few minutes later the bell rings and this god forsaken class is over. 

"What's going on with you two today?" Demi asks, while everyone's grabbing their stuff and getting out of their chairs. "Nothing Ms, just a little out of it today." I say, before Jamie can get any word in. "I hope there's no Mr Crawford class scheduled for you today then." I chuckle. 

"Funny you say that, Daisy had a strange dream about Mr Crawford last night, didn't you?" I don't even think about it, I instantly slap Jamie. "Dude, let's go." I say, my cheeks turning red instantly. "She's lying, and we have to go, I'm sorry. Have a good day Ms!" I say, rushing out of the classroom. 

When I turn around in the doorway Jamie and Demi share a look, and Demi laughs when she sees my face. "Bye girls, sleep well tonight Daisy." When we're out of sight, Jamie starts running away from me. "I'm going to kill you!"

comment & vote