Chapter 17: Hickeys? Jesus Christ / edited

It's Friday and I'm pretty sure I check my phone for the results of my Geography exam every 5 minutes. Mr Crawford promised to send out the grades before the weekend, and it's eating me up.

It must've been about the 30th time I check my phone when I see a grade pop up. I almost drop my phone on the floor when I realize. An A! I passed!

I elbow Jamie sitting next to me and she groans. "What?" She whispers. "Look." I show her my phone and her eyes go wide. "Dude, congrats!" She says, a big smile on her face.

"Looks like hooking up with your tutor actually works." She whispers, and I stomp her shoulder in return. "We are not hooking up, we kissed. Once. Or twice." Jamie grins.

The bell rings, and we're off to English lit after this, which means I'll be able to tell Demi I passed Geography. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

We get up and grab out stuff. Speaking of hooking up with the tutor, I get my phone out to text Olivia about my grade.

liv i just got back an A for geography!!! so happy!!

- i knew u could do it:) wanna come celebrate at my friends party tonite?
- u can bring jamie, noah'll be there as well

I show Jamie the text and before I'm able to protest she has yanked my phone out of my hands and is texting back. When she gives me back my phone I check the text.

YES we'll be there

"Okay. Glad I had a say in this." She shrugs and we continue walking up to Demi's class. Right as we round the corner to enter the classroom, Demi jogs out and bumps into me, rather roughly.

"Oh, sorry honey." She says, pulling me into a hug. "It's okay." I say, startled by the sudden embrace she pulls me in. I see Jamie continue walking, but looking over her shoulder with a grin.

"I actually have some really good news." I say, when I've found my composure. "What is it?" "I just got back my Geography grade and I passed with an A." Her face lights up.

"Oh my god, Daisy! I'm so proud of you!" Before I know it she pulls me into another hug. "I'm so happy for you." She says, squeezing me a little tighter before stepping back. "Thank you, and thanks for all the help."

"Oh, c'mon don't thank me. I knew you had it in you from the start." I smile. My heart is pumping in my throat, and I can feel my blood course through my body.

"I have to go grab something, but again, I'm really proud of you honey." She says, squeezing my shoulder before running off. I enter the classroom and I swear to god, Jamie is just straight up laughing at me.

"You look haggard." She says, as I plop down next to her. I can't even talk, there's just a huge grin on my face that won't go away.

The smile stays on my face pretty much through-out the entire class. I'm unfocused for most of the class, but I think I speak for most of the people here on a Friday afternoon.

After an eternity, class ends and we grab our stuff to leave. "You wanna pre-game at my place?" I ask Jamie. "Yeah, definitely. Has Olivia texted you about tonight?" I check my phone to see that she texted me the address. "Yup." "Cool."

We start heading out. "Bye Demi." I say, not really comprehending that I called her by her first name. "Bye girls, enjoy your weekend." We walk out of the classroom and to our lockers. "Did I just call her Demi?" I ask, realising what I've done. "Yup." Jamie says.

Jamie and I go back to my house and get ready for the party together. My mom agrees to drop us off and pick us up. Jamie's like a bonus daughter to her, she's been around for ages and she really loves her a lot.