Chapter 36

'So, where does he live?' Demi asks while we're drinking coffee at the kitchen table.

I take a look at the letter. '1130 Adams Dr, Colorado'

She nods. 'That's pretty far away babe'.

'I know. It's worth a try though. Maybe we should plan it another time' I say sighing while laying he letter down on the table.

'You said Adams Dr right?' Demi asks while she messes with her hands in her pockets.

'Yeah, why?'

She gets out her phone and starts tapping her screen.

'Demi' I say while I poke her shoulder.

'Wait a second'. 

'No'.

She looks up, glares at me and start tapping her screen again.

'Demiiiii' I whine.

'Fine, fine, fine..' she says while she pushes me off her lap. I pout and sit down on the chair next to her.

'Remember my uncle Harry?' she asks.

I shake my head in no causing her to grin.

'Never mind, he lives in Colorado, Chambers Dr. I remember going there and playing with my cousins in Adams Dr..'

Her phone vibrates. It's Harry. 'Yep, I guess we found him. He told me that he doesn't know anything about the people in Adams Dr, so it could be possible that your dad moved somewhere else' she says. 

I nod. 'How long does it take to drive?' 

Demi sighs. '5 or 6 hours'. 

'Can we do that this weekend?' I ask. Demi nods. 'Sure, but now I want to cuddle' she says while wrapping her arms around me. She lifts me up and brings me to the couch.  

I lay down and Demi curls up next to me. I swing my arm around her and she hides her head in my neck, leaving quick sweet kisses in my neck.

She faces me and I shove away a few strings of hair. I smile and lean in to kiss her. 

Demi and I have been arguaing about tis fricking trip all week, and I have been sleeping on the couch every night. I didn't want to go meet my dad, because I am scared to face him, but Demi is forcing me. That's why we're sitting in the car right now, I have my earbuds in my ears and my volume on the higest while Demi's driving. 

I'm mad at her, really really mad at her. I'm not ready to meet him, doesn't she understand?! 

Demi pulls one of my earbuds out. 'Dais.. You're not going to regret this, I just want the best for you'. 

I shrug. 'Whatever. Last time I heard "I just want to best for you" was when my family was kicking me out. I don't even care anymore'. I roughly put my earbud in my ear again. 

I see Demi sigh in the corner of my eye. I understand that she wants the best for me, but I'm not in the mood for this kind of speeches right now.

We drive, and drive, and drive.. It's getting dark. I grab a blanket from the back and wrap it around myself. 'When are we arriving?' I ask while I turn my music off. 'I have no idea..' Demi mumbles. I look around. 

'Demi, where in god's name are we?' I ask mad.

'I have no idea'.

'What?' 

'I said.. I have no idea. I think we're lost'. 

I sigh annoyed. 'This is great!' 

'Shut up..' Demi mumbles.