2*

*Fixed spelling mistakes

Naruto slowly opened his eyes. Every muscle in his body screamed in pain when he tried to move and he cried out. His vision cleared and he noticed he was in a large room, where multiple people were surrounding him. Am I at the hospital? Naruto thought.
"I see you are awake..." A stern voice spoke and Naruto tried to turn his head to see who was talking to him. Again a lance of pain shot through his boy and he gasped out.
"Don't move around much... the katana that gave you that gash was coated in a poison that we are still trying to identify in order to give you a suitable antidote." The stern man spoke before he moved into Naruto's view.
"Lord Hiashi..." Naruto muttered feeling a little faint before another wave of pain pulsed over him. He gritted his teeth and felt a firm hand grip his own tightly, giving him comfort.
"Thank you for protecting Hinata..." Naruto's eyes widened slightly. Hiashi had never been known to show much of anything, always preferring to remain as emotionless and cold as possible. Then Naruto felt an even more intense and excruciating pain. He screamed out loud before slowly losing consciousness. Dam! Why was I so careless... Naruto thought as he struggled to write down the name of the poison before passing out. Hiashi's eyes widened when Naruto finished writing out the poison's name and passed out. Taking the name, Hiashi called his doctors over. They looked at it and turned to leave immediately.
"Hurry!" Hiashi ordered.

-----

Naruto's scream could be heard from all over the Hyuga compound. Hinata jumped, startled by the scream as she sat in her room, preparing for the academy written test.
"Naruto-kun..." Hinata whispered as she stared at the slashed jacket which belonged to Naruto that she was currently holding. She felt tears prick her eyes. All because of her, Naruto was suffering. All because she was too weak to defend herself. There was a knock on her bedroom door.
"C-come in" Hinata said as she quickly hid the jacket. The door slid open and in walked her father. He came in and hugged Hinata which surprised her greatly. Her father had never shown her sympathy before.
"I'm sorry..." Was all her father said and she felt herself tear up.
"I'm sorry I've been such a bad father... But after today's incident, I've just realised how selfish I've been... Not looking out for you or what you want... Not giving you any attention... I'm truly sorry..." Hiashi whispered into Hinata's ear. Hinata grabbed her father's hand.
"I-is Naruto-kun alright?" Hinata asked. Hiashi saw look of concern on her face and noticed the very edge of the slashed jacket peeking out from underneath the pillow. She really likes him doesn't she...
"Naruto should be fine... He gave us the name of the poison so we should be able to give him the antidote in time... And it's a cheap poison that only affects your movement in the long run by cause your muscles to overwork to the point they start getting sore..." Hiashi gritted his teeth and clenched his fists in anger. And they were going to use it on my Hinata! How dare they!
"Anyway, I'll leave you to prepare now..." Hiashi said and stood up, brushing some dust off his knees before he left.

-----

Iruka walked to the front of the class. All of the academy students were sat there waiting expectantly. It was the day of the academy tests after all. And each one of them wanted to do their best and become ninja. Iruka realised there was a missing student.
"Where's Naruto?" Iruka asked. Except all the girls were too busy wondering to answer. The door slid open, and two Hyuga were supporting Naruto and helping him walk into class. Iruka immediately got concerned and rushed over to help Naruto.
"What happened to him?" Iruka asked, a little shocked that Hiashi and Hizashi were the ones support in Naruto. Hiashi leaned closer and whispered into Iruka's ear.
"He was poisoned... It will definitely take time before the effects of the poison wear off..." Iruka gulped and nodded. Who would poison a 13 year old boy?? Iruka guided Naruto into his seat next to Ino and Hinata. Naruto sat in the chair, his head slumped down. Everyone stared at him but he didn't move a single bit. It worried Iruka to no end.
"Iruka sensei will he be fine?" One of the bolder girls asked, inconspicuously checking him out. Ino glared at her but didn't say anything. Iruka nodded.
"He's just... Tired!" Iruka said, making up a semi believable excuse.
"Ok let's start the written test!" Iruka handed everyone a piece of paper, except for Naruto.
"Naruto... since you've only been here one day, do you want to take this test?" Naruto's head moved up ever so slowly. His face was contorted in pain.
"Yes..." He breathed out. Iruka looked at him for a moment.
"Ok..." Iruka gave him the test too. "Alright... Begin!" Everyone put their heads down and starting to do the test. The classroom was silent but Iruka noticed that Naruto hadn't even touched the paper. All of a sudden, there was a loud thump followed by Hinata gasping and dropping her pencil. Naruto had fallen forward onto the table, his face on the desk, and he was completely unconscious.
"Naruto!" Iruka shouted as he made his way to him. "Naruto?" Iruka shook him gently, before holding Naruto upright. His eyes were closed, his breathing shallow, and his heartbeat faint.