8*

Oops sorry. I accidentally pressed publish while I was still writing it LOL. I'll also try and update Outcast Of Konoha sometime today or tomorrow.

*Revised - added a scene break to better introduce the change in time and location.

Team 7 set off a few hours after midday on their journey back to Konoha. Kakashi was pleased that they were given no trouble after that one Zabuza incident. Sakura was confused about her feelings for Sasuke and also, surprisingly for Naruto whose body she had seen and surprisingly found super hot. Sasuke was his usual scowling self, but Naruto was still feeling the fatigue and the pain. He had suffered numerous wounds when Gato and all his thugs and hired ninja attacked him, and it was taking a long time to heal, probably because the deep gash caused by Zabuza was still not fully healed and he suspected Gato's thugs had dipped their weapons in poison beforehand. He trudged behind his team, feeling a little tired. When they saw the gates to Konoha after cresting the last hill, Naruto sighed in relief. Granny Tsunade... Gramps Hokage... Pervy sage... just the thought alone, coupled with the medical expertise that Tsunade would use to personally heal her godson back to full capacity by the morning was enough to galvanise him into action. He half ran have staggered all the way to the gates, alarming Kakashi and his team.
"Wait Naruto!" Kakashi yelled. They both stared at his erratic movement. Then they all looked at each other. Since when did he suffer more injuries? Was the unspoken question that passed through all of their minds but they thought nothing of it, and raced off after Naruto who was lurching from side to side as he ran.
"Take him to the hospital..." Kakashi said to one of the gate guards as they caught up to the now unconscious blond. "We need to go to the Hokage first." Kakashi explained as he watched Izumi lift the boy up and run off to the hospital. Kakashi then led his team to the Hokage's office.

-----In Another Place

"Lord Hokage." They greeted in unison as they entered. Hiruzen smiled at them.
"Everything alright Kakashi?" Hiruzen asked.
"I don't see Naruto. Where is he?" Iruka asked. Kakashi took a breath.
"Well, it turns out that it was actually an A rank mission, with the missing nin Zabuza Momochi after us. Naruto got injured in the fight and he is now receiving some medical care at the hospital." Kakashi answered. Iruka looked worried but Hiruzen only nodded thoughtfully. Suddenly, a shimmer appeared in front of them, and then an ANBU member appeared.
"Ah, you're here." Hiruzen said as the mysterious ANBU gave him a scroll. Hiruzen opened it and unsealed the sealing jutsu on it.
"Release!"

There was a puff of smoke, and Zabuza's head appeared on the table. Team 7 gasped. Many questions were running through all their minds but they decided to stay quiet.
"And?" Hiruzen asked. The ANBU merely tilted his head to the side. It was then that team 7 realised the ANBU was no taller than Sasuke and Sakura. Instead, he seemed to be a bit shorter than both of them. There was a couple seconds of silence before they could hear enraged screaming and yelling. The door opened and two ninja came in, dragging a rather short man through the door.
"I'm telling you! This is a mistake! I'm Gato! Not some tyrant!" The man, now identified as Gato shouted out in protest. Then Gato paled when he saw the ANBU look at him.
"Oh please... don't let him! Please! Spare me! Have mercy on me!" He screamed in fear upon seeing the fox mask the ANBU was wearing. Team 7 could only stare in shock as Gato was pulled roughly into the room and stood cowering next to the short ANBU.
"Good work, Fox." The Hokage said, glancing meaningfully at team 7. He shook his head and the Hokage sighed. Hiruzen had already told the council, that Naruto would not give up being ANBU and Danzo had agreed with him, along with Hiashi but the rest were adamant that he must reveal himself. Kakashi only looked at his former ANBU team mate in interest. He'd never known what he looked liked, in truth no one did, probably except the Hokage but Fox never took his mask off. The Hokage motioned with his wrist and Gato was dragged off to who knows where. Fox turned to leave but the door opened again and the two village elders, Koharu Utatane and Homura Mitokado along with an angry looking Danzo walked in. Hiruzen looked at them in some annoyance.