34

Ya just wanted to say sorry for the recent lack of updates... I kinda sorta maybe got dragged into playing a game and then I got hooked... 37 hours in 3~4 days whilst still going to University LOL 😂🔫

Nagato groaned and opened his eyes. He was in the hospital. Immediately, he felt arms wrap themselves around him.
"Konan?" He murmured.
"Why would you be so reckless?" She berated him. Nagato grinned.
"It's because I'm an Uzumaki." He replied, giving Naruto a wink as Naruto stood up and moved to the bed.
"I still don't get it. How did you survive? That jutsu, doesn't it kill the user?" She asked.
"Yes... but, I've been stealing Hashirama's cells from Tobi for a while now. It was mainly so I could finally walk when I met Naruto, but apparently they prolonged my life. Although I suspect I'll be crippled for the rest of my life now." Nagato said. He wasn't able to move. Konan nodded sadly.
"Tsunade did say there was a chance you'll be paralysed permanently." Naruto said.

-----

"Obito, you disappoint me." Madara said. "Never send a fool to do your job for you." Obito gave a laugh.
"Nagato was the only one strong enough to take on the Kyuubi." He explained.
"Oh? And why is that?" Madara questioned.
"Because the Kyuubi is a prodigy. He's mastered Sage mode." Madara frowned. Every mention of Sage mode brought memories of his final battle against Hashirama. Sage mode for Hashirama completely outclassed him. Madara grit his teeth.
"You fool! I'm still an edo tensei! This plan will not work so long as the Rinnegan isn't used to revive me fully!" Madara berated him. Obito shrugged.
"Or it could be that you have passed your visions onto me and in doing so, have merely become a pawn for me to use." Obito said firmly, raising his hand to form a hand seal. Madara glared at him but couldn't do anything about it. Obito was using Hashirama's cells to strengthen his control over the edo tensei.

-----

Sasuke found his brother, standing in front of Lord Jiraiya's grave. Beside him, was a crying Konan, who he saw was very close to Itachi. Sitting in a wheel chair, was the red haired Uzumaki, Nagato. Even Itachi had a tear rolling down his cheek as he comforted Konan.
"Itachi?" Sasuke ventured forwards. Itachi turned to look at him.
"Sasuke." He replied. The woman turned to look at him and it was the first time they'd properly looked at each other. Sasuke saw that she was indeed a vision of beauty, an angel. Her blue hair was held in place by her origami flower, and the simple black dress she wore hugged her body. Just from the way Itachi had his arms around her and the way she had her hands on his chest echoed familiarity. Sasuke knew immediately that this was his older brother's lover. Konan turned back to Itachi, leaning up to kiss Itachi.
"I'll be fine with Nagato." She whispered before she took a step back, walking over to Nagato where they both faced the grave of Jiraiya together. Itachi walked over to his little brother.
"Sasuke... what's the matter?" Itachi asked, although he noticed that Sasuke was still a little preoccupied, staring at Konan.
"Sasuke!" He snapped, dragging his attention back.
"Oh sorry. I need to talk to you in private." Sasuke said. The two Uchiha walked off a short distance.
"Why?" Sasuke finally asked. Itachi gave him a slight smile.
"Straight to the point, I see." Itachi said.
"Well, let me start by saying that I knew what I was doing... I just didn't think there were other choices. Our father was planning a coup against the Hokage. It would lead to civil war. As much as I am an Uchiha, what father planned would tarnish our name, and was wrong in all honesty anyway. I did was I thought was best." Itachi said. Sasuke nodded. Then he looked back over at the two former Akatsuki.
"What about them?" He asked. Itachi looked at them.
"Nagato has always been planning to leave the Akatsuki. In fact, he's the one who has been telling me the information, to pass on to Lord Jiraiya. We both agreed that if this was discovered, I would act as though I was alone. A single traitor." Itachi said. Sasuke frowned.
"But why!?"
"Because, Nagato has the Rinnegan. The powers he possesses are far greater than any Uchiha, and he planned to revive me anyway."
"Why did he wa-"
"Why did I want to leave?" Nagato interrupted, Konan had wheeled his wheelchair over to them.
"I suppose, I set out with the Akatsuki with one purpose in mind. To seek peace. But, along the way, my ideals in the group became twisted into what you hear and see about the Akatsuki now. It's no longer the dream we envisioned..."
"That Madara is relentless!" Sasuke said, looking at Itachi.
"No. He is not Madara." Konan said. Everyone but Nagato looked at her surprised. Nagato's eyes had clouded over, obviously having slipped into past memories, they all noted, which was why he wasn't talking and Konan was.
"His name is not Madara. He pretends to be him, but he is in reality just a pawn working under Madara's ruling. Madara is long dead, and he has instructed his two pawns, Tobi and Zetsu, to keep watch over us and keep us in line." She explained. They nodded thoughtfully.
"We need to tell the Hokage." Sasuke said.
"We need to tell Lord Danzo." Itachi said at the same time. They both looked at each other.
"Let's just ask for a meeting instead." Konan said with a smile, whilst Nagato himself stared off into space, still remembering all the memories he had with Jiraiya as his sensei.

Naruto's MissionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara