5

Naruto waited till they were all ready. Sakura immediate blushed when she realised that Naruto and Sasuke were both staring at her.
"Come on! Let's go!" Naruto said as he dashed out of the bush, drawing a kunai and preparing to engage Kakashi. Sasuke and Sakura both rushed out as well, trying to flank him. Kakashi noticed the movement and he quickly put his book away. Withdrawing two kunai, he prepared to meet their blows.

-----

"Hinata... you can do this." Hiashi said, as watched his daughter. Hiashi was attempting to teach her more of the Hyuga's gentle fist technique, but it was proving more difficult than he had imagined. Hiashi glanced beside him and noticed that Hizashi was training Neji too. Some time ago, Hiashi would have openly disputed his brother's decision, but now, in this day and age, Naruto had changed him, and so he saw no problem with the branch house learning the Hyuga's gentle fist. He now saw it as a way of strengthening the clan.
"I can't do this..." Hinata said, feeling like a failure. Hiashi sighed. It would take a miracle for Hinata to learn it, he knew. Hizashi looked like he was doing better with his son. Neji looked like one of those prodigies anyway. The front door to the Hyuga compound opened and immediate Hiashi and Hizashi both activated their byakugan and turned to look. A tired Naruto was at the door, slowly taking off his shoes, and resting on the floor.

Naruto sighed. It was a rough day. Not only did he have to work together with a screaming fangirl banshee, he also had to work with the arrogant Uchiha, and to top it off, during the survival test, he had to play dumb with Kakashi so Kakashi wouldn't figure out that he was in the ANBU. That resulted in him suffering multiple wounds that he would have normally been able to avoid. Naruto was fatigued. He had secretly asked Kurama not to heal him or to speed up his healing so that no one would suspect. His fatigue came from simply doing ANBU assignments the moment the survival test was over. Danzo had him carry out multiple infiltration and spy missions, in an attempt to find Orochimaru, but he was not in any of the secret bases that they knew existed. They were instead file with guards, traps and experiments of Orochimaru's that had tried to kill him. Naruto wanted some sleep. He had used a great deal of chakra and was slowly recovering from the chakra exhaustion. He walked past the room where Neji and Hinata were training.
"Ah, Hinata you may leave now..." Hiashi said, as he moved to the side to allow Hizashi full access to the room to continue teaching Neji. Naruto's head turned the moment he heard Hinata's name.

"Naruto-kun." Hinata said as she left the room. Naruto turned to face her, showing her the extent of his wounds. He had cuts all over his face and arms. Even being ANBU, it would be impossible to kill of Orochimaru's curse mark experiments without getting hurt.
"Are you alright?" Hinata asked. Naruto gave her a weak grin.
"I'm fine, ya know!" Naruto answered before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell. Hiashi watched with amusement. Naruto was certainly as stubborn as his mother. No doubt about it. He had even picked up Kushina's "ya know" catchphrase.
"Hinata, he will be fine. He is just tired." Hiashi said with a firm voice.

-----

The next few weeks passed by Naruto in a blur. Hinata was steadily improving in her use of the Hyuga clan's revered gentle fist, and Naruto had been getting enough pay from his S-rank missions which he secretly undertook while still with his Gēnin team that he could afford to move out. However he didn't want to, with Hiashi continually insisting for him to stay. He mused over the most recent mission with his team. Dam why... Is that demon cat always needing to be found? You'd think that the owners would notice something... He took his brush out an began to write. He was still wondering about the wording of his ANBU mission report he was to submit to the Hokage tomorrow. There was a knock on the door and Naruto stopped his writing.
"Come in." Naruto said, as he made himself look busy writing. It proved to be too effective. He had forgotten that he had come out of the shower in nothing but a towel which he still did not remedy after half an hour. So poor Hinata fainted when he stood up wearing only a towel around his waist.
"Hinata? Oh..." Naruto said as he realised the state of undress that he was in. He lay the poor unconscious girl on his bed before he continued to write his report. He sighed, knowing that finally, he would get a break from all the S-rank missions he had been taking per day just so he could earn money to move out. While he did enjoy the company of the Hyuga's, he also had a suspicion that Hiashi was spying on him with his byakugan. Unfortunately for Naruto, he couldn't be more correct, although the context for spying was different at least. Naruto had heard that the Hokage wanted to give his team a C rank mission which involved the escort of a bridge builder. And so all of the rookies had come together and decided to go have a party at the spa before team 7 set off. Gently, he moved to the bed that Hinata was lying on and shook her.
"Hinata?" He asked, once she opened her eyes. Her face flushed red when she remembered what had happened.
"Come on, we are going to the spa for the party, remember?" She nodded, unsure of what to say.

-----

Everyone was waiting outside by the time Kakashi arrived.
"Hehe... Sorry I'm late, I -" Kakashi started to make up a semi believable excuse that he thought would have worked in such a situation, only to notice everyone's glares and he shut up.
"Let's go already!" Ino shouted before eyeing Naruto. They had all planned to soak in the gender locked spas for a while before wearing their swimsuits to soak in the gender open spa and have their dinner. Which Kakashi had used his slippery, smooth, silver tongue to convince Asuma into taking care of. It was probably something along the lines of getting Kakashi and more importantly Kurenai's undying respect and admiration. How Asuma had fallen for that was beyond Naruto.

The girls and the boys separated in the changing rooms and the sensei all respectively followed. Kiba was the first to enter the spa, only needing to take off his clothes before wrapping a towel around his waist. Shino, Sasuke, Shikamaru and Choji were also finished in similar fashion. They watched and scoffed as Kiba tested the spa's water with a foot before he removed his towel and slid in. Everyone followed suit, and the they watched as Asuma and Kakashi entered. There was some mild surprise as Kakashi wasn't wearing his black mask - he traded it for a waterproof one that was white. Everyone face palmed.
"Where's Naruto?" Sasuke asked, surprisingly. Sasuke was irritated that his self proclaimed less impressive in every way rival was taking his time. Kakashi looked at him.
"He is still in the changing room." Kakashi said and not a moment later the door o the changing rooms slid open.
"Speak of the devil..." Sasuke muttered under his breath. Naruto entered and closed the door to prevent any of the heat leaving the room. He looked at all the expectant faces. He was wrapped up completely in his towel.
"I'll be getting in shortly..." Naruto said in an indifferent voice. Sasuke scowled.
"Hn... attention seeking dobe..." He muttered. They all talked, while eyeing Naruto out of the corner of their eyes. Naruto had sat himself down on one of the chairs. Still wrapped in his towel, they couldn't see anything of his body apart from his arms and his legs. They all took note of the cloth wrapped around his left bicep.
He withdrew a sheet of paper and his brush. Wait is he writing? Everyone thought as Naruto began to move his brush across the paper. Naruto could feel all the stares but he ignored them all. He had to do it here. Nobody would question him that much, and they wouldn't be able to see what he was writing anyway. However, back at the Hyuga compound, he didn't exactly trust Hiashi not to spy on him when he was writing an official ANBU report. Quickly finishing his brush strokes, he set the piece of paper aside and put his brush back inside a box. Then he turned the piece of paper over and placed the box on top.

"Ok I'm coming in." Naruto said. They all looked in disdain at him. Kakashi sighed and stood up, grabbing his towel and wrapping it around his waist.
"It's been about 30 minutes already. We are moving over to the open spa to have dinner. Kurenai is already there." Kakashi said as the rest of the guys stood up and wrapped their towels securely around themselves. Heading into the changing rooms, everyone changed into their swim suits and headed into the shared spa. There was some squealing as Ino and Sakura saw them, well to be fair, saw Sasuke enter. He was the first to enter and the two fangirls couldn't help it. Everyone followed him and lastly, came Naruto, still wrapped up fully in his towel. As everyone entered. Naruto excused himself with a slight apology and walked off to the door. Once outside, he summoned a fox and gave it his ANBU report.
"Take this to lord Hokage." Naruto whispered before he headed back inside. Taking his towel off, he headed into the shared spa where the rest of the Gēnin were. Hinata blushed but didn't faint. After all, she'd seen him without a shirt before. And also very recently. Everyone just stared as he lowered himself into the water. Or rather they were staring at his body. For a 13 year old, he was very muscular. Dam... Kurenai was thinking. Naruto looked at everyone.
"I thought we were eating?" He asked innocently. Asuma coughed and quickly got everyone's attention.
"Well, we have some sake for the adults... and then we have some specially ordered and cut BBQ meat..." Asuma brought them out from a cooler which was in his special storage seal which he had prepared before hand.
"Itadaikimasu!" Everyone yelled ridiculously as the eating began.