38

Sorry, I've had to deal with some real life problems, which is the reason for my 'hiatus' of sorts if you can call it that. I don't want to bore you guys with excuses so lets continue where we left off, shall we?

Everywhere Hiashi turned, there was death. His byakugan could see it all. Hundreds of Ninja from all of the villages dying, while the enemy white Zetsu clones seemed to keep on throwing themselves at the Ninja, like an endless tidal wave of despair. He turned to the left and vaguely heard Lady Tsunade shouting to be heard by the other Kage. Wounded ninja were being taken away from the front lines, back towards the Leaf Village, because it was the closest to the war zone, and also because it had been designated as the medical centre. His byakugan gave him a glimpse of several white Zetsu attempted to sneak up behind him. Turning around, he delivered no more than five palm strikes to each white Zetsu clone and watched as they all died in front of him. He turned back to face the command center when he saw flags being waved in a sporadic signalling pattern. It was a recall signal, calling all commanders back to the tent. Hiashi followed suit, telling Hizashi to hold the line while Neji went with him. The leaders all converged at the tent, where A and Tsunade were in a discussion. They turned as the last of the commanders reported in.

"It's time to take the offensive. That masked ninja has no intention of showing himself, so we will have to force his hand. Prepare all regiments for offensives now!" A barked, all the leaders silently taking note.
"This is the turning point of the war. Anything can go wrong here so make sure that our line holds and it doesn't falter!" Tsunade added in as she walked out. A followed, heading towards his own regiment.

The shinobi formed lines in their regiments, before charging at the white Zetsu, weaving handsigns together in quick succession. Hiashi ran with Neji and Hizashi, behind the ninja using ninjutsu. The Hyuga themselves had no long range ninjutsu, so the command center had paired them up with many long range ninjutsu specialists. Watching from afar, Obito laughed.
"Those idiots have walked into my trap. Clear the battleground, Zetsu." Obito said and black Zetsu nodded. He sunk into the ground and almost instantly, all of the white Zetsu clones fell to the ground, twitching as their life essence was reabsorbed by Zetsu. Obito stood up and with a swirl, he teleported into the middle of the battleground to face all of the regiments and their Kage Leaders.
"Summoning jutsu!" Obito shouted as he planted his palm flat against the ground. There was an ominous rumble as the ground began to shake, before the Gedo Statue rose up from the ground. It towered over the battlefield, and the Kage could see that it had 7 of its 9 eyes with pupils. The other two were just blank white, and they knew it was because the jinchuriki of the nine tails and the eight tails were not captured. Obito leapt down and whipped open a scroll, throwing it down onto the ground. A tentacle appeared from the smoke that ensued and they watched in horror as he threw it into the mouth of the statue, followed by two reanimated ninja leaping into the mouth.
"The gold and silver brothers... and B's clone!?" A shouted in fury.
"Where did you get that?!" He yelled. Obito smirked at him as the statue began to shake once more, a demonic roar coming from its mouth as its hands began to shake. With one giant sweep of its hand, several hundred shinobi were sent flying away, landing several hundred meters away, unmoving. Then another swirl appeared as Obito pulled another shinobi from his realm. Kabuto grinned as he looked down at them.
"Ready?" Obito asked with a hint of a smile. Kabuto smiled and licked his lips.
"Alwaysssss." He replied, his snake like appearance adding even more to his uncanny Orochimaru impersonation. 

"Summoning jutsu! Reanimation!" Kabuto shouted as dozens of coffins began to rise from the ground. Old, dead shinobi from all of the villages walked out and prepared their weapons, rising an emotion from many of the still living shinobi. They hesitated. They couldn't kill them, enemy or not. Their history was just too important. A cast his eyes around and then looked at Tsunade, Gaara, Onoki and Mei.
"We have to lead the charge. Right here and now." A said.
"Hold on a minute." Tsunade replied. "We must analyse the situation first. It's risky to go in on this." As A was about to respond, another chakra spike shocked them into silence.
"I'm back... what did I miss, Obito?" A sinister voice and a sinister chakra made its presence known on the battle field. The long, spiky black hair, the nightmare red eyes, the red samurai armour, and the gunbai attached to his back. Even more worrying, was the fact that he wasn't a reanimation anymore.
"Madara... your izanagi brought you back right on time, as you predicted." Obito said, a smirk evident in his voice as he looked at his predecessor and mentor.
"It's time to finish Project Tsuki No Me. Defeat these pesky ninja, then capture the remaining two jinchuriki. At full power..." Madara floated as he raised his fists, the chakra he had gathered so potent and strong and vile, that it was a visible, solid colour.
"And as for these reanimations..." Madara said and then looked at Kabuto. Kabuto bowed his head.
"Get rid of them. They'll only get in our way." Madara said. "I don't want any of our attacks to be wasted by hitting them. Besides, you reanimated second rate shinobi, by the looks of them. They'll not likely be able to kill anyone before being sealed."

-----

Naruto sat calmly in the center of the house, while Hinata washed the dishes. She was quiet. Mostly because she was still coming to terms with what her father had said. Well, what Naruto told her about what her father said. She couldn't look Naruto in the eye anyway. After hearing Naruto say that her father gave them his blessing for their marriage and also mentioned grandchildren, well, she turned red every time she thought about it. Naruto sighed as he felt Kurama's next tail grow. Sitting in the meditative position completely still meant he was acquiring Nature Energy, entering him into Sage Mode where he felt barely any pain at all from the tail growing process. Naruto didn't even know why he hadn't thought of this before. 

He closed his eyes and allowed his sense to wonder, connecting to the Nature Energy that was naturally all over the area, and pushed his chakra through, sensing every living thing in the confines of the barrier. His sensing ability was growing better each and every day, and he could almost sense the tiny insects within the barrier. Almost, but not quite. His chakra continued to push its way through to the barrier, and then past it. Naruto frowned. It wasn't supposed to go through the barrier. That was the nature of such a barrier. He focused harder, and gasped.
"Hinata!" He yelled as he stood up. He heard her sudden shriek, followed by a loud clang as something dropped on the floor. Within seconds, she rushed into the living room where he was.
"I've found a weak spot in the barrier. It's a crack! We can break out from there!" Naruto cried out. Hinata nodded, allowing Naruto to grab her arm and pull her out of the house, towards where the crack in the barrier was.

-----

Hiashi watched as the five Kage stood up and faced the vile Uchiha in the middle of the battleground. Tsunade stood forward, followed by A and Onoki, with Mei and Gaara taking the rear. 
"We'll deal with this Uchiha! You guys focus on the other one!" A yelled as the five Kage nodded their heads and charged forward. Madara smiled as they approached, instead turning to walk away from them.
"Let us relocate... we don't want any... unfortunate accidents, now do we?" Madara gloated as the Five Kage could do nothing but follow the man to a more isolated place. Hiashi watched with his Byakugan as they continued to walk away from the battleground. Then he turned his attention back to Obito and the Gedo Statue. It roared and in an instant, many arms began to form around it, lashing out at all of the shinobi. One of it's arms swung low, aiming to knock aside all of the shinobi in it's path. It was heading right towards Hiashi. Desperately, he looked around him and located Neji.
"Neji! Clockwise!" He shouted and Neji dashed up next to him.
"Rotation!" They both shouted as they spun around in the same direction, their bodies becoming a blur as the familiar defensive Hyuga technique stopped the arm in its tracks and repelled it away from the shinobi army. Then a resounding roar as the Shinobi army charged forward, intent on stopping the Uchiha and the Gedo Statue.

The Gedo Statue itself was not as defenseless as it seemed. It's body began to split off monsters, and the monsters slowly walked towards the shinobi in order to defend its main body. Hiashi charged with the rest of the shinobi, watching as every ninja from all of the villages found ways to dispatch of the monsters one by one. 

-----

"You may think you have the advantage, but none of you come close to being on par with my only real opponent, Hashirama! Not even you, Tsunade." Madara gloated again as he watched the five Kage regroup after a failed attempt to kill him. Madara laughed as he watched Tsunade slowly heal their wounds. 
"Even Hashirama's own healing ability far outclasses yours, Tsunade." Tsunade ignored him as she finished healing Gaara's arm. 
"There are four rules which govern all medical ninja, Madara. The first rule: No medic ninja shall ever stop medical treatment until the lives of their party members have come to an end. The second rule: No medic ninja shall ever stand on the front lines. The third rule: No medic ninja shall ever die until they are the last of their platoon." She replied as she stood up and made her way to the front of the Kage to glare defiantly at Madara. Madara raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? What of it?" Madara asked, a smirk evident in his voice. 
"The final rule: Only those medic ninja who have mastered the Strength of a Hundred Technique of the ninja art Creation Rebirth are permitted to discard the aforementioned laws!" Tsunade shouted as her seal began to glow and black markings spread out around her body. With a roar, she charged forward and smashed her chakra enchanced fist through Madara's guard, and smashed a hole in his body. Madara coughed and staggered backwards. Then smiled as he turned to wood. Tsunade gasped as she felt a sharp object pierce her cleanly through the middle of her body. She looked down and saw it protruding from her own stomach. She could hear Madara's laugh.
"And you'll be the first to die!" He laughed out loud. Tsunade growled and in a single movement, she ripped the object out of her body, and the wound closed itself instantly.
"Do not think that I'm that easy to kill, Madara!"