26

Don't play this music until prompted. Thanks. Also I love this song. So much.

"Your hair is longer..." Hinata whispered as she clutched his hand tightly. She didn't want to ever let go again. They were currently on route to the Hokage's office, and everyone had been admiring Naruto's new look. He even had a giant scroll on his back, much like Jiraiya. The sensei were all skeptical - they hoped Naruto hadn't acquired Jiraiya's legendary perversion. Naruto felt someone tap his shoulder and he looked to his left, only to see Sasuke walk up next to him, and continue walking with him, not saying anything. Sasuke had changed, that was for sure. And Naruto could see it. In fact, Naruto knew that Sasuke was struggling to think of something to say. He grabbed Sasuke's hand and placed it on his chest.
"It's ok Sasuke. Let it go now. It's in the past." Naruto said much to Sasuke's shock. Sasuke still couldn't use the chidori. Every time he attempted the jutsu, it would fizzle out because he'd see a vision of Naruto impaled on his arm. Sasuke reluctantly took his hand away, the shaking slowly dying away as he leaned in close to Naruto.
"I need to talk to you. Alone." He whispered. Naruto nodded.
"I'll come find you." He said and then they separated. They had arrived at the Hokage's office.
"Wait for me, Hinata chan?" He asked, and saw her give a small nod. Taking a breath, he opened the door to the office, walked inside and then closed it behind him.
"Gra-" he was interrupted before he could even finish his first word, the female Hokage crushing him almost to death with her bear hug.
"Welcome back Naruto!" Tsunade choked out, full of emotion. Then she sensed a presence behind her and immediately stopped hugging him. She cleared her throat.
"I mean, now that you are back, we need to deal with the issue of rank." Tsunade said, coughing and clearing her throat. She could tell that Jiraiya was smirking though. It took everything she had not to send him flying over the Hokage faces carved onto the mountain side. Naruto nodded his head.
"Of course." He replied professionally. Lady Tsunade walked back over to the table, sitting down and moving some of the paper she had over to the side.
"I have it on good authority - " she paused and gave a short glance at Jiraiya, " - that you are at a level that has surpassed both myself and Jiraiya." She paused and this time looked at Naruto who scratching his head awkwardly, while his cheeks grew slightly red from the praise.
"Well... I wouldn't say surpassed with such casualness..." Naruto began but Jiraiya stopped him.
"Listen, you passed me way back. It's simply a formality for me to help you learn Sage mode at any case." Jiraiya replied with a short laugh.
"Then it's settled." Lady Tsunade said as she looked up.
"I'll need to get some things ready, so you may come back later today for that." Lady Tsunade said, and Naruto nodded, completely missing the glance that Jiraiya and Tsunade shared. Naruto left the office and saw Hinata was sitting down, clutching a small brown paper bag which seemed to be holding something important to her, judging by the way she was holding it.
"Let's go." Naruto said and Hinata stood up, running up to stand by his side. Then, as they left the Hokage tower, all of their friends rushed them down and surrounded them.
"Naruto!" Sakura yelled as she pushed her way past Ino and stood in front of him. Naruto gave her a smile.
"Hi Sakura." He said. The pink haired kunoichi stared at him for a moment.
"We were so worried!" Sakura said, hugging Naruto whilst grabbing Hinata's hand. The two had become best friends - well, as well as Ino, so the three girls had spent a lot of time together, and practically knew each other. Sakura felt Ino patting her back gently. Then, Sakura finally stepped back with a smile on her face. Sasuke, Kiba and Shino approached him next. Sasuke and Naruto merely nodded to each other, both of them knew that they'd be catching up later 😉 (JK). Kiba and Shino just stared at his look for a moment.
"Nice to see you." Shino said formally. Kiba didn't say anything. His jaw just dropped.
"W-what's with that new outfit!?" He almost cried out. Naruto grinned.
"It's to signify my completion of Sage training!" He answered back, to which everyone's eyes widened.
"Yup! This brat did Sage training with me!" Jiraiya laughed as he approached his group, laying a hand down on his godson's head.