30

Before we being, I'd just like to say that I'm currently attempting to write a modern au Naruto story. And I know that my other Naruto story is on hold, but this idea has been in my mind for the past month and I really want to take a shot at it and see how it turns out. I'll post the first chapter of this new story approximately a day after this chapter is published. Anyway, back to the story.

He watched as the Leaf ninja and Lady Chiyo took off back in the direction of Konoha with the body of the Kazekage.
"Interesting." He said. He groaned and finally pulsed his chakra. Immediately, a clacking sound could be heard as his entire body detached itself so that he could get out from under the giant boulder, then he reformed himself again, creaking and rolling his joints as if nothing happened. He shook his red hair and sighed. Sasori was not in a good mood. His Hiruko puppet had been destroyed by his lack of attention to the puppets that Lady Chiyo had hidden earlier, and his Kazekage puppet was also destroyed. At least they thought he was dead so they'd count him out for the moment. He heard wing flaps and guessed that it was Deidara who was trying to find him. He smiled to himself before letting himself drop to the ground, lifelessly, his eyes wide open. He left his akatsuki robe on, and detached a leg, bending it at an inhuman angle. This should give Deidara a nice scare Sasori thought. Afterall, Deidara hasn't really seen my real body, just my real face. He doesn't know the truth about me...
"Sasori? Sasori, my man, where are you, un?" He heard Deidara speak out as Deidara dismounted and looked into the cave. He heard the gasp as Deidara spotted Sasori's lifeless body on the ground.
"That idiot! Telling me not to underestimate my opponents and end things quick! Clearly he didn't follow his own advice, and he's been forced out of his defensive puppet and killed! Eternal art... bah!" Deidara spat out. It hurt him to see Sasori dead. He didn't really act like it, but all the pairs had deep bonds and chemistry with each other. Their ability to work together flawlessly was a testimony to how long they'd all been paired together for, although the zombie duo often argued, they all knew that their teamwork and bond with the other made them all so much stronger.
"Watch your mouth, Deidara!" Sasori shouted, making him jump as he stood up, fixing all of his joints together properly.
"So you were alive, my man!" Deidara said with happiness and relief.
"I pretended to be dead and listened in to their conversations. It appears that the Kazekage can be revived by Lady Tsunade. That is where they are headed off to right now." Sasori said. He then noticed Deidara was still looking him up and down.
"What?" He asked, slightly irritated and annoyed.
"You haven't aged at all, my man!" Deidara said with some shock and surprise. Sasori sighed. Then he disrobed in front of him. To Deidara's shock, he was staring at a puppet.
"Sasori!? You are a puppet!?" He shouted out, unable to contain his surprise.
"I turned myself into a puppet so I have overcome the puppet masters greatest weakness." Sasori said before he put his akatsuki cloak back on.
"Let's go meet up with Pain and Madara. They've switched up the assignments." Deidara said.

-----

Naruto grabbed Gaara's hand and Lady Tsunade's hand before channeling Kurama's chakra through to them. Sakura and Shizune were on standby, while eight medic Ninja were operating the healing seal, pouring their chakra into the middle where Gaara was laid. Shizune and Sakura placed their hands on Tsunade's back and once more, Tsunade released her seal.
"Ninja art! Mitotic regeneration!" With the influx of chakra from Naruto, Kurama, Shizune, Sakura and her own seal, the markings quickly spread down her arms and across Gaara's body, drawing in the medical chakra from the seal and from Tsunade's jutsu and surrounded Gaara with a thick green-white glow. Naruto did some one handed hand seals and released a seal on a scroll lying next to Gaara, the scroll opening up and releasing the stored chakra of Shukaku in it. The chakra began to flow into Gaara, mixing with the medical chakra, and they all watched in anticipation.
"Are you sure this is going to work?" Tsunade questioned. Naruto cocked his head to the side.
"Positive. This is in essence what Kurama did for me, although on a much bigger scale. This should work." They all watched as the seal markings began to move from the scroll onto Gaara's body. Sasuke had his Sharingan on, while Hinata had her byakugan active, observing the chakra systems and making sure no anomalies occurred. They all watched as Shukaku's chakra spread itself all around Gaara's body, evenly distributed, before it was slowly absorbed. They held their breath for a moment as everything seemed to come to a stand still. The medical chakra stopped flowing into Gaara's body and Shukaku's chakra stopped moving. Then Gaara's eyes opened and there was a cheer.
"Naruto! You may have just devised a way to revive a jinchuriki who has had their biju taken away from them!" Tsunade said with happiness. Happiness that this would almost certainly cement a strong alliance with the Sand Village, and that Naruto had been able to come up with a method to do this.
"I mean, a jinchuriki would die if all of their biju chakra was extracted right? So it stands to reason that using their biju chakra to bring them back should work, although the biju's chakra is sacrificed in return. This was the basis of what Kurama did 3 years ago." Naruto replied, scratching his head and giving her a foxy grin. Tsunade reached over to him and gave him a tight hug, practically smashing his head into her chest.
"I'm so proud of you, Naruto, making it so far in this world, surviving so many harsh trials... as a grandmother, I couldn't be prouder, and I'm sure your parents would agree with me too." Tsunade whispered into his ear, tearfully, which shocked him. Tsunade was never one to show this much emotion. She let him go after a few more seconds before turning to the fully awake Kazekage.
"Gaara. We have much to discuss." She said simply and then she stood up and left. The medical ninja hurried to clean up and Shizune and Sakura followed Tsunade out, dragging Gaara with them because he wasn't moving. It was comical, but then again, a few seconds later, Sasuke, Naruto and Hinata heard the shrieks of the former apprentice and apprentice of Tsunade as they could only surmise that Gaara had regained enough bearings to control his sand and throw them to the side to stop the humiliating display of being dragged through the hospital.

"Let's go, Hina-chan" Naruto said, grabbing her hand and walked out of the room, leading her with him. Her face burned bright red as they walked past Sasuke, who discreetly gave her a wink. They walked all the way to the Hyuga Compound, where Naruto picked Hinata up and jumped straight into his bedroom via the window; he didn't want Hiashi to disturb them.
"Hina-chan." Naruto whispered huskily into her ear, making Hinata burn bright red.
"What are we doing here?" Hinata asked. "Aren't we going to live in your house now?" Naruto gave her a grin.
"I mean, sure, but all our things are here... and not to mention your father would probably like to know..." Naruto answered cheekily, and Hinata pouted. She'd forgotten about that, and it was just like Naruto to bring it up just to point out she'd forgotten it.
"Oh... I forgot about that..." She said quietly.
"And Hanabi would also like to know." Naruto said in a 'as-a-matter-of-fact' tone. Hinata stopped herself from screaming out her frustration and just settled for smacking his chest, which was ineffective and didn't stop him from laughing.
"Stop it!" Hinata cried out but Naruto kept laughing. Hinata gave him a push, unintentionally utilising chakra and turning into a very weak '8 trigrams air palm'. Naruto fell off the bed with a crash, and Hinata gasped.
"I'm s-so sorry Naruto-kun!" she apologised profusely as she looked over the edge of the bed. Naruto grinned and pulled her, making her fall on top of him. Then he laughed. She leaned down and kissed him gently, the action surprising Naruto greatly because Hinata almost never initiated anything, as she was too shy. Naruto returned the kiss and then they broke apart, staring into each other's eyes. They could both feel the increasing heart rate, the rising temperature, and the hormones beginning to circulate their bodies. Their bodies began to move instinctively; Hinata began to slowly move her hips back and forth, while Naruto's hands started to explore her upper body underneath her shirt, all the while the both of them were lost in each other's starry eyes.

"What was that noise? Big sister?" Hanabi asked as she poked her head into Naruto's room. "Naruto have you se-" She stopped herself immediately when she saw the intimacy of the two, Hinata straddling Naruto's waist on the floor. She could even see his hands were inside her shirt. Is that Naruto without a shirt? He is so hot! And wait, is Hinata doing - Hanabi fainted. She couldn't handle it anymore. It looked like Hinata was finally doing something and not just following someone else's lead. She was standing up for herself, in a manner of speaking.

-----

Sasuke sighed. He wondered around Konoha, once again, all by himself. He saw his best friend with his girlfriend and it hurt him deeply in his heart, to know that he didn't have the courage or the guts to ask Sakura out on a date. Sasuke was scared. Scared of being rejected after treating her so badly and rejecting her so many times in the past. He was afraid he'd get his heart broken, and although he knew he was being selfish, because he'd done the same to her, he wanted her to forget the past, and to still love him like he was starting to love her. He'd fallen in love. Sasuke jolted when he realised. Sasuke Uchiha, Konoha's last Uchiha, a stuck up, arrogant, selfish emo, in love? Sasuke laughed bitterly as he mentally berated himself. Right. No girl will ever love me. He sighed dejectedly. Without even knowing it, he'd wound up at the hospital. Where Ino and Sai where holding hands, waiting for Sakura. Ino and Sai were standing with Shino and Kiba. Sasuke grinned as he walked over to them.
"Hey guys." Sasuke said casually, masking his inner turmoil. They all turned and greeted him.
"Hey Sasuke. Had a big day?" Shino asked. Sasuke nodded. It was then that Shikamaru and Choji happened to walk past. After a quick greeting, they continued on. Presumably to a restaurant. It was then that Sakura came out and they all watched her walk up to them.
"Let's go eat dinner!" Sakura cheered enthusiastically as they all started to head off to Sakura's house where she'd invited them all over for dinner. Sasuke went to move up to Sakura's side but he was too slow, and to his shock, Kiba had moved there and was now talking to her. Worse still, Sasuke's heart almost shattered when he saw the loving look that Kiba had in his eyes as Kiba and Sakura talked to each other.

And now comes the second toughest decision. What about Sasuke and Sakura? Will they end up together, or apart? Hehe XD that's for me to know and you guys to not find out till like the second to last chapter ;P