39

As some of you are aware, I've created an admin type book thing. I simply called it "Jykuarak2". Check it out if you want, it's simply a place where I can organise myself, post updates so that I do not have author note chapters in the middle of my story. If you have any questions, I'd prefer it if you asked them over there, because then it's more organised and I don't have to constantly go back and forth from one story to another, because all questions will be in one place. Thanks.

"There are times, when even the strongest of the strong, feel weak. Even Hashirama Senju, our first Hokage felt weak at times." Iruka told the class of half sleeping aspiring students. No sooner had he said that when the door to his classroom of the academy burst open and Naruto ran inside, holding the hand of Hinata. Iruka stared at the two.
"Wait... what are you two doing here?" He finally asked. The Fox Sage and the Hinata?? I thought they were fighting in the war? Iruka thought. There was a stunned silence before the class realised just who was standing in front of them. The unprecedented genius Fox Sage.
"Quickly Iruka sensei! Where is the battleground?" Naruto asked. Hinata nodded frantically behind him. Iruka looked mystified for a moment before he ran over to the giant map of the Ninja world on the wall and looked at it.
"It should be here." Iruka said, circling a spot roughly half a day away from Konoha. Naruto looked at Hinata then nodded.
"Let's go." He said. They both ran from the classroom, hand in hand, thinking about what horrors they might witness when they arrive on the battlefield.

-----

The smoke which clouded the battlefield lifted as a powerful gust of wind blew through, all shinobi resting stood up immediately, sensing a powerful chakra. But then they saw him. Naruto. At first, they were shocked. But then relieved. The Fox Sage had arrived. But the leadership team were not.
"What if the prophecy!?" Some yelled out as they stared at him. Naruto vanished in an instant, reappearing beside them.
"You've misinterpreted the prophecy." Naruto said. Then the crowd parted before them as Hiashi walked in.
"So it seems, you broke free." He said as he eyed Naruto and Hinata. Naruto grabbed Hinata's hand tightly, drawing her closer to him.
"I won't let anything happen to Hinata-chan!" He said defiantly. Hiashi continued to look down at him. Then Naruto raised a hand and formed a hand seal, reverse summoning a shadow clone to his location. It disappeared upon summoning, and everyone watched as Naruto's eyes had an orange band appear around them.
"I'm ready." He told Hiashi. Hiashi nodded.
"The Kage are fighting Madara. We must deal with that statue."
"Hiashi... it is I, Kurama. You must provide a distraction to allow us to get close to the Gedo Mazo. If we pull out the other Tailed beasts inside, then the Gedo Mazo will return to being a statue!" Kurama said through Naruto's body. Hiashi nodded.
"Then we will launch a full frontal assault." Hiashi decided.
"Hinata-chan, stay with your father and Neji, alright?" Naruto whispered to her, as everyone left the command tent to prepare.
"Please stay safe..." Hinata whispered back. "I love you." Hinata pressed her forehead against his.
"I love you too Hinata." Naruto replied. The two then shared a kiss, before Naruto broke it off, heading outside the tent to prepare himself.
"Don't leave me here... all by myself..." Hinata sobbed quietly as she sat down. She knew her father and Neji were a part of the commanding team, and they wouldn't be fighting as much.

Sasuke and Sakura sat together, savouring each other's company. There was not a lot of exchanging of words. Instead, Sakura simply listened to Sasuke's beating heart while he stroked her hair.
"You two have found peace in the middle of a war..." they both heard a familiar voice say.
"Naruto!" Sakura said loudly as she sat up and looked at him. Sasuke turned and looked at him as well.
"Aren't you supposed to be in a barrier in Konoha?" He asked. Naruto grinned sheepishly.
"Well... Hinata-chan and I sort of found a way to break free." Naruto said and he saw the smile tugging at the lips of his two friends. He heard Sasuke chuckle quietly.
"Only you, Naruto." He said. Naruto then looked at Sasuke.
"By the way, how are Itachi's eyes feeling right now?" Naruto asked. Sasuke shrugged.
"They are settling in. I don't feel uncomfortable anymore." He replied. The trio sat in silence, before a bell began ringing.