Preview/Teaser of 41

You know, because it's the second to last chapter of this story, I'm going to post a preview now because it's going to take me some time to write it. There are many things which I want to write before the epilogue, so this chapter may be the longest chapter yet.

Hope you like the short preview/teaser 😜

It was his eyes that noticed it first.
"Naruto!" He shouted out. He was still too far away that they couldn't hear him. He watched in horror as the man lying by the statue with his throat slashed open channelled one final glare at the group of unsuspecting Ninja. He shakily raised his arms to form a hand seal. Neji's eyes widened. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion.
"Wood style... cutting sprigs jutsu..." the Uchiha barely managed to make out, through sheer hatred and willpower allowing him to speak, at the cost of forever destroying his throat, and any chance of survival. The Gedo Mazo raised an arm, moving the hand over and Neji saw the many sharpened wooden stakes forming. It was going to fire a concentrated attack directed at Naruto and the Kage, and the other shinobi that had arrived before him.

"Byakugan!" He shouted. I'm sorry, Father, but for my friend, I will fly free, no longer a caged bird! Neji closed his eyes as he used his chakra to boost his jump, leaping in between the path of the incoming concentrated attack and the group it was aimed at.