29

I really had fun writing this chapter. Exploring the different uses of Sage mode and nature chakra is something that I don't think I've ever seen much of, and so by basing it off what I've seen in the anime (let's be real it's only really Naruto adding nature chakra to his rasenshuriken to stabilise it so he can throw it) and a little bit of logical improvising, I've added in a bit of a different look on Sage chakra, although it's actually only a tiny bit different. And it's probably not even different - look at me trying to rationalise something that's probably already rational.

Sakura watched as Sasori laughed again.
"Something the matter, Granny Chiyo?" He asked mockingly. Lady Chiyo couldn't believe it.
"How?" She repeated, dumbstruck. Sasori tilted his head to the side.
"Now isn't the time for wondering." Sasori said as he took out a scroll. It had the kanji for 3 on it. With a poof, another puppet was summoned. Lady Chiyo gasped again. Sakura looked at the puppet then back at Lady Chiyo.
"What is it?" She asked. Lady Chiyo stared at Sasori.
"It was you! You were behind the disappearance of the Third Kazekage?" She asked, even more bewildered. Sasori smirked.
"It took a while, but I managed to get what I wanted." Sasori said as he moved his fingers. The puppet shot forward, extending a wicked blade dripping with poison straight at Sakura. Lady Chiyo quickly responded by moving her own two puppets into combat, the two puppet master's arms becoming a mere blur to Sakura's eyes as she watched the puppets clash at inhuman speeds. Eventually, Sasori and Chiyo withdrew their puppets, showing the blunt and redundant weapons that were attached to the arms.
"I think it's time for the main event." Sasori said.

-----

Naruto and Sasuke led the chase, staring at the back of Itachi Uchiha, both wondering what the mysterious Uchiha was thinking and planning. They both looked at each other and nodded. Itachi was going to play the villain now, and they had to comply with the act. Sasuke morphed his Sharingan into its mangekyo Sharingan counterpart, and locked eyes with Kakashi. He was already gathering chakra into his single mangekyo Sharingan.
"Aim for the blond." Naruto whispered. He placed his own hands into a tiger hand seal and began gathering chakra up for a massive jutsu.
"Kakashi. It's all on you." Guy's voice came through on the radio.
"We've encountered a trap." Neji said and Kakashi gave a grunt of recognition.
"Alright. Naruto, Sasuke. Let's go. Sai, back us up." Kakashi said as he opened his left eye to reveal his mangekyo Sharingan. Kakashi forced chakra into his eye and his Sharingan spun, the air around Deidara's arm suddenly twisting and warping, sucking his arm into what appeared to be a black void. The akatsuki members all looked at Kakashi in shock. Kisame stepped forward, shifting his sword in front to block Kakashi's vision of Deidara and thus stopping the jutsu. He caught a glimpse of Sasuke's mangekyo Sharingan and gasped. Kisame froze, but Itachi immediately tapped him, releasing him from the genjutsu.
"He's dangerous." Itachi said. Sasuke felt a glow of warmth. Itachi had just recognised his skill. Kisame gave him a grin.
"We got to get rid of them." Kisame said. He clapped his hands together then thrust his palms out at the Konoha ninja.
"Water style! Super shark bomb jutsu!" He shouted, pumping an insane amount of chakra into the jutsu. Sasuke's eyes widened as he saw the amount of chakra being pumped into the jutsu.
"Watch out!" Sasuke shouted. Naruto's eyes widened. He was still gathering his chakra for his big jutsu.
"Sasuke!" He shouted. Sasuke nodded. Tiger Snake Rat Snake Tiger Rat Snake Tiger.
"Water style! Great water wall jutsu!" Sasuke shouted and a giant wall of water formed in front of them, and the giant shark jutsu crashed into it. They all breathed a sigh of relief - until the giant water shark continued to bear down on them. It was much bigger - and Naruto cursed.
"It absorbs the chakra from other jutsu to make it stronger!" Naruto analysed. Suddenly, there was an explosion of ink right in front of them as the shark narrowly missed them, Sai having come in to the rescue with an ink bird which safely extracted them from the danger.
"Nice one." Naruto said. Naruto had a gleam in his eyes.
"I'm ready." He said then disappeared in a yellow flash.
"Sage art! Dragon fire jutsu!" Naruto cried it as he appeared, several meters in front of the clay bird. He took a deep breath and released it, the fire he was breathing out was so heavily infused with nature chakra that it was white, the heat alone was already melting Deidara's clay bird. The large, continuous white flame was not even slowed down by Kisame's defensive water jutsu, the water being turned into steam before it even touched the fire.