37

By the way I am not dead. I was in the middle of exams and I'm dying XD. Also for some reason I have found time to write this during the middle of my exams. Lol. 😂🔫 there goes my GPA. By almost fell asleep in my exam 2 days ago FML.

"Hinata!" Naruto shouted as he made his way through the crowd of Leaf Shinobi and civilians. She turned and watched him approach. He smiled at her when he reached her.
"How are you feeling?" He asked. He was referring to everything that had happened in the past few weeks, now every village was preparing for war, and Hinata nodded.
"I'm feeling alright." She said. "What about you?" She asked as they began to walk down the road, heading back to Naruto's house. Naruto scratched his head.
"I could be worse. Kurama grew a tail during that battle, and just yesterday he grew his fourth tail. I'm guessing that Tsunade is stalling until Kurama can finish growing all of his tails. The other villages are waiting as well." Naruto replied. Hinata nodded and latched her arm around his. Lifting her bag, she let him smell the cinnamon buns that she had bought.
"Let's eat!" She said happily. Then she noticed Sasuke standing awkwardly in their path. He was shuffling from one foot to the other, and his face was red.
"What's up, Sasuke?" Naruto asked. Sasuke gave a pointed look at Hinata. She got the meaning immediately.
"I'll wait for you at home, Naruto-kun." She said. Naruto nodded and watched her leave. Then he gave a sigh of contentment. In his eyes, he had the most beautiful girlfriend in the entire world. There was nobody who could compare to her. Absolutely no one.

"How are you holding up?" Naruto asked him once she had walked out of sight. Sasuke sighed.
"I suppose I'm doing fine." Sasuke said. They were talking about Itachi's death. Sasuke still had not gotten over it. They'd found a scroll on Itachi's dead body after the war, and realised his eyes had been ripped out. Sasuke had vomited and looked away immediately, knowing that whoever took Itachi's eyes was going to pay the ultimate price once he figured out who it was.
"What about the scroll? Have you still not opened it yet? It is addressed to you." Naruto said. Sasuke shook his head.
"I'm too afraid of what I might read on that scroll. It's going to bring back memories that I'd rather not remember right now. It's too painful." Sasuke answered.
"But how will you know if you haven't looked inside yet?" Naruto asked him. Sasuke looked at him for a moment.
"Okay, fine."

Naruto watched as Sasuke took a scroll out of his pocket and opened it hesitantly. Inside, the words were scrawled on rather hastily, although they could both tell at a glance it was Itachi's writing.

Sasuke,
I have left sealed within this scroll my two Sharingan. Be aware that the Mangekyo Sharingan you possess will lose it's light the longer you continue to use it's power. Therefore I have left you with my own eyes, as they are now useless to me. Implanting my eyes into you will grant you the eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, one which will never lose it's light. Use this power to protect those who are precious to you.
Know this, I will always love you.
Itachi.

Sasuke looked at the letter with a mix of emotions. Naruto stood there, waiting patiently. He knew better than to pry into someone else's life, especially when they were in such a vulnerable state. Sasuke turned to look at Naruto, unsealing the storage scroll attached to it. Inside where Itachi's eyes, held in a closed, clear, glass container filled with water.

-----

Sasuke walked the streets in a daze. Naruto had left him to go to his house and now Sasuke was walking alone. He was headed towards the hospital. Afterall, if anyone was going to transplant Itachi's eyes, it would have to be Sakura. He wouldn't trust anyone else to do it. When he got to the hospital, he located the office. It was lunch time, and that was where the hospital staff on break were.
"Where's Sakura?" He asked the first staff member he came across. He looked at him and the doctor looked back.
"She hasn't come in at all today." He replied as he opened the door and walked inside, letting it slowly swing shut behind him. Sasuke frowned, then headed out. He headed off towards her house. It was the only other logical place she'd be.