10. I love staring at you

***Ocean's POV***

         Because it's a busy day at the store, I couldn't write anything for Kaye. Even if I wanted to, it's difficult knowing I'd be writing something about this terrible employee because I know he would be next to me.  I didn't realize I was staring at him while I was thinking about that.

          He stood up from his chair and stood in front of the counter. He leaned his elbows and looked closely into my face. He is just a few inches away. He has beautiful eyes. If I could get away with anything, I'd keep staring at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, pretending to look away when I know well that I've been caught.

"So you can stare at me even better." He teased and winked.

        He smiled and kept staring at me. And then, I noticed someone standing behind him. Blonde hair, blue eyes, rocker type. I immediately stood up straight.

"Jamie. Hey. What are you doing here?" I asked, although my tone sounded worried. Why should I be worried?

        He walked closer, staring at the person in front of me, his eyebrows furrowed and he brushed his hair with his right hand.

"It's closing time. I thought you could use my help." Jamie answered, although he wasn't exactly looking in my direction.

"oh, right. Jade, can you close the office? "
         I told him and handed him the lock.

He didn't say anything but started walking.

"New?"  He said as he raised his left eyebrow.

        I know what that means. Jade is now, on top of his watch list. I just nodded and pretended to be busy closing. I could feel him staring at me.

"What can I do?" He offered.

        I just smiled at him and pointed the trash.

"Please? " I said and looked away instantly.

"Got it." He said and picked up the trash.

         When he left, Jade came back and helped me with the others before we can close the store.

"He's the boyfriend?" He asked while he was looking at the ceiling, pretending it was just a casual question.

"No. He is the ex.  "

"So, why is he here?" He indicated and still not looking at me.

"It was hard looking for an employee. " I answered. That wasn't a difficult question.

"Ace should have hired him." He suggested. But I don't think he agreed with his own suggestion.

"Ace hiring Jamie? Never in a million years. He doesn't trust him." I said.

"But he trusted me?" He asked and this time, he is looking at me and I'm the one who can't.

          Oh... I forgot to ask Ace about that. It's hard because we rarely get new applicants to work here and it's harder because Ace seems to have trust issues. I wonder why he accepted Jade so easily.

         After we locked everything, all three of us were standing outside...why does it feel so awkward to have them both with me?

" I'll walk you home." Jamie said and took my backpack.