11. Stay with me

***Kaye's POV***

           I was sitting by the shore, thinking of a song I'd sing next for her. Suddenly, my phone rang. An unknown number. I stared at it for a while. I don't like answering a call from an unknown number but .....

"Hello?" I asked.

"Kid? What were you doing? I thought my fingers were going to fall off from dialing. " he answered.

" Do I know you? Who is this?"

        I could hear him sighed heavily.

" Don't you recognize my voice? " he asked again.

" If I did, I wouldn't have asked you." I replied and yawned after.

" I'm your boss' boss. Ace!!!!! I swear, you're becoming like Shan every minute you spend with her." He shouted so loud that my ears hurt so bad.

           Maybe he should have introduced himself before anything else. That's what normal people do.

"Maybe you're wondering why I called." Now his tone seems normal and familar.

"Not really." I said

          He laughed loudly.

"I got your address. I'm coming to pick you in about two hours. I'm still with someone. Looking for a perfect time to ditch her." He teased and laughed again.

          I just laughed to myself. This guy is hilarious. No wonder he is still single. Who goes on a date and ditches them before the night ends?

"Where are we going anyway? " i asked.

"It's Shan's surprise birthday party. " He said

"Today is her birthday?" Why did I sound excited?

" No. Tomorrow. She hates parties, so surely, she'll be avoiding everyone tomorrow. So, we'll celebrate before she decides to hide." He added. One of the things i like about him, informative.

" Never met anyone who hates parties." I said as I was shaking my head in disbelief.

" Now you have. And..... A piece of advice... You can greet her once, never repeat it... No gifts." He revealed another useful information.

" I didn't really have time to prepare even if I wanted to." I admitted.

" So, it's settled.. see you then." He confirmed.

         After he hang up, I stood up and went back home. I stood in the middle of my room and thought of what to do for two hours. I picked up my guitar, prepared the video and started singing. I wrote a short note about my grandfather, my aunt's insane happiness about me and my new job.

          After an hour, I put them back in the bottle and placed them below my bed. I was planning on sending it back to the ocean but it might be late. I don't want to risk it floating to the wrong person.

          For some people, timing is important. It's not just about the content or the preparations itself. Because no matter how perfect you made it seem to be, if it's not meant to yet, then everything else will fail. Failure doesn't just happen because of the lack of preparation, talent or effort. Sometimes, we fail because we didn't wait. And I want to wait. Maybe waiting will get me closer.... Much closer than I expected.

               ***Ocean's POV***

          Everything seemed normal at work. Regular people, regular set of work, regular music. I stood by the bar and I was cleaning the table, yet at the back of my mind, I suddenly remembered Jade. I put my hands on my cheeks, tapped them slowly like trying to wake myself up from a dream I seem to be having since the day he looked me in the eyes.