39. The girl in my dreams

***Kaye's POV***

        I buckled my seatbelt and put on my headphones. After months and months of chasing my dream, now is the right for me to chase the other part of my dream. The heart of my dreams. The heart of someone named, "Ocean".

         People always say " Follow your dreams " and some "Follow your heart". But they never told you how to follow them both. Some one told me before, you can't have the best of both worlds. If you want to get one, you have to lose the other one. You can't chase what you want on the other, and also want what's on the other side.

        I could've come back earlier but then, everything in life is also about timing. It's never just about who came back earlier. For me, it's also about the one who came back ready. Anyone can come back if they wanted to. If there's a will, there's a way, right? But if you, yourself isn't ready, no will in this world can make you go back, not even love.

          - FLASHBACK -

         I finally got signed. I'm here, currently waiting for my first single to be released. I'm supposed to be the happiest person in this world, knowing I finally got what I have always wanted. Or what I thought I've always wanted. But as I'm sitting here, waiting for the single launch to be released, I realized one thing.

        I guess, what I have always wanted is different from what I needed. I wanted to stay for her but I needed to leave. I wanted to chase my heart but I wasn't ready to leave my dream. But above all, I want music because I've always loved music. It's who I am. But I need her. To have music, I need my heart. Without it, either one becomes a hopeless case for me to tackle. Because in the end, she is what I needed, and wanted. Emotionally, she completes me. How can you be who you are when your heart isn't where it should be?

"Are you okay? You don't look well."  My manager asked

"How long have we been preparing for this?" I suddenly wanted to remind myself

          She put down the folder in that table and looked at me.

"Your whole life. Isn't this something you talked about ever since?" She reminded

"I know. But I just don't want it to be the only one I talk about in my life. I want to talk about other things that I love too like music which is something that I always talk about I guess, then, my family along with my friends but I don't always talk about them. I talk about my dogs.. But they aren't mine, but my aunt's. I talk about the weather. And..

          She crossed her arms and stared at me, like she's almost asking me to shut up but then, no words came out from her mouth.

" I'm blabbering, aren't I?" I asked and  sighed heavily

"Well. You're just incredibly chatty for some reason. Yes, you talk a lot about everything except for one. " she implied

"Is it about you? Or. I think I'm forgetting something. What if they ask me about.." I started blabbering again

        She stood next to me and put her hands on my shoulders to stop me from fidgeting, I guess.

"You never talk about her. Ocean. "

          My manager is also a family friend so she knows stuff about me that other people don't. Sometimes, not that I intend to tell her, but my Aunt does have a big mouth.

"I do." I disagreed

"When do you talk about the girl of for dreams?" She asked with her arms crossed