38. The lost and found piece of my heart

***Ocean's POV***

            The sun came up and I don't think I have even slept a wink. I lied on my bed for hours, staring at the wall. Listening to Kaye's music became my comfort zone. Without it, I'm now more lost than I ever was. One step forward, three steps backward. That's how it has always been for me. That's why I can't go back to who I used to be. Because who I used to be, also became a stranger to me.

            I packed my things for five hours. I don't have a lot of things but I was procrastinating. When a usual five-minute task becomes a 30-minute struggle, I think its pretty clear that I'm being deliberately obtuse in everything just to make the clock tick slower.

            When I was done with every thing, I just stood there in the middle of the living room. It's just a tour, right? When people leave, is it a natural thing for them to come back home?

            As I was standing there, thinking of a way out, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. When I looked back, Jamie had this half-smile on his face. I'm finally going with him, but why doesn't he look as happy as I thought he would be?

"Is this everything?"

         He was holding my luggage. Just one. After 5 hours of packing, unpacking, repacking, you thought I'd have more things to bring but I don't. I have one and clearly, it has everything I wanted to bring.

"I'll take it to the car first." He said

         He turned around and walked away with my luggage. I took one more glance at my family picture and went out. I saw Jamie talking to someone on the phone so I decided to take a walk by the beach while I'm waiting.

           I walked close to the shore, but made sure the water doesn't reach my shoes or else, I'd have another reason to delay it more. I leaned closer to the water, letting the tip of my fingers touch the cold water flowing gently below me.

           "I miss you". I whispered to myself. No matter how soft we whisper, as long as my heart can hear it, the person I'm whispering to, can probably feel it. Emotions are just as loud as the sounds we make when we shout. I don't have to shout for the world to know who my heart is beating for. Because sometimes, the things we feel but never get to say are more honest than what we usually say out loud.

        " Kaye".  I whispered so low that I thought no one was listening except for the one I'm actually calling.

"Who's Kaye?" Jamie asked

        I stood up immediately and turned around.

"Who?" I repeated. Hoping I didn't get it right.

"You said, Kaye. Who is that?" He asked again.

" Someone you don't know. Let's go?"

"Ace is here." He said as we were walking back

"Where?"

"By the car. He said he wanted to talk to you. Go on." He pointed

          After what I said yesterday, he is someone who I really wanted to see before we go. I ran back as fast as I could. He was standing and looking at my house. He looked much older than yesterday. I walked closer to him but when I did, he immediately grabbed me. I weigh 114 lbs. So when a more than a 300 lbs guy like him hug me so tight, feels like I'm being chocked to death.

"I'm sorry."

"No. I was wrong. You were only looking out for me." I said and shook my head