14. My freezing mistake

***Kaye's POV***

           While we were walking near my house, I looked at her. She's staring at the beach. Deep inside, I'm hoping she's thinking of me and my music, if you really are Ocean. Did I ever tell her about my other name? I smiled as I thought about it.

         My aunt suddenly came out of nowhere. She greeted us with a big smile on her face. I have a weird family I think.  In a good way at least.

"Aunt Jella, this is...." I was about to do the introduction.

" The boss."

       I was definitely embarrassed when she said that. She suddenly hugged Shan so tight that we were all surprised. Shan, seemed like, okay. She doesn't look like she is about to run away anytime soon. But she does looked confused.

"Shan right? I don't know how you made this lazy guy work with no pay but I'm so happy even if you keep him for years." She suggested happily.

"Aunt!! If years, I'd ran out of money." I scolded her

"I could pay you to work." She said

" No, thank you.  " I daid and shook my head.

"See!! This is what I'm saying. This calls out for a celebration. Come."

         She took Shan's hand and took her inside the house. I followed after them. My aunt stopped in front of our family photos. The she suddenly talked about names.

" Jade has two names. Jade is just the second name. His first name is.." she started to spill more.

        I immediately covered her mouth and she looked at me angrily.

" Shan, would you excuse us please? I forgot something very important to say to Aunt Jella."

"Really? " my aunt sounded confused

        I grabbed her slowly by the arm and brought her to the kitchen.

"Please don't mention the word Kaye.. Maybe not yet anyway."  I suggested.

      She pinched my shoulder and I almost screamed because of the pain.

" Did you do anything crazy again?" She asked

"Of course not! I just needed....."

         We both stopped and listened. We heard someone laughing from the living room.

"Is that...?" Aunt asked

"I think so." I agreed.

         We both hurriedly went  out and saw my grandfather talking to Shan and he's laughing. We both stood for a moment with our mouth almost wide open. He hasn't laughed like this since grams died. Aunt Jella sat next to my grandfather, held his hand and rested her head on his shoulders. I saw her whispered Thank you to Shan. She smiled and looked back at me. I couldn't help but almost fall in love with the woman I see in front of me.

"Aunt? Dinner." I had to interrupt.

"oh right. You must be famished. " she said and stood up.

         I watched them both entered the kitchen. I kneeled and held my grandfather's hand. He smiled at me and looked at the window again.

"Grandad? " i whispered.

          He didn't look back but he seemed happier. I helped him stand up and we went to the kitchen. My cousins Eric and Angel are there already. We don't usually have visitors so maybe they're a little excited.