33. When my heart chased you

***A few hours after the sun has risen ***Ocean's POV***

          I sat by the counter, and kept tossing the coin on my hand. Should I say goodbye or not? Should I find him or let him find me? Should I fight for him or keep fighting it for me?

"So, by the look on your face, I'm guessing you already know he's leaving." He said with that sad look on his face

         There's the irony. When you want so much to be busy so you could stop thinking, we only have a few customers today. Too little that if I tried to find him, kissed him good bye, and come back, I'm sure, the line would still be as empty as it is now.

" I don't know what time he is going to leave but you can finish early today. It's 2pm. We can call it a day. " he suggested after  hours of checking up on me

" No." I objected

"Shan, you can't hide forever. You shouldn't pretend that you don't care and regret it for the rest of your life." Ace kept insisting

" I can't.... I... " I whispered.

           I looked up and I saw my stepmom, standing by the liquor shelves, picking up, way more than she can afford. I stood up immediately and walked towards her.

"What are you trying to do?" I demanded

          She looked at me and smiled. I moved closer and I swear I could smell the alcohol all over her.

"Get out." I shouted

"Is that how you treat your customers around here?" She said, as she kept picking

         Ace stepped in.

"I'm sorry. But we have the right to deny you here especially that you're already drunk at this time."

           She laughed loudly and picked up a bottle. She played with it as I tried to move forward. She then dropped it on floor, making a loud crashing sound. I grabbed her by her wrist and forced her to go outside.

"I need to take her home."  I apologized

"But.... How about Jade?" He asked loudly behind me

"I won't miss it." I promised

           I held her tight as we walked on the street, knowing she is too drunk to remember how to walk on a straight line.

"Who's Jade?" She asked

"Someone you don't have to know." I said as I kept dragging her away

"You're such a silly girl. No wonder you're father left you."

             I dared not to answer. If I did, even I wouldn't like myself. When we arrived home, I took her to her room. I was leaning on the bed and fixing them when I heard the door closed. I stood up and realized I'm alone. Then, I heard the sound of the door being locked from the outside. I ran to open it but failed.

"Open the door now." I shouted. I kept twisting the doorknob.

"Who is Jade?!" She said loud enough for me to hear.

"Open the door. He is just a nobody, okay? Let him be. Just please open it." I pleaded and kept banging on the door

"A nobody? Then you wouldn't mind staying a bit longer. "