27. The 3 unspoken words in my heart

***Kaye's POV***

           I immediately opened my eyes when someone put an icepack on my face.

"Hold it. I'm sure your hand isn't broken." He said calmly

           I sat up straight and held it on my face, and next to my right lip. I noticed we're in a room. Can this be his room? A little too clean for his taste. The room is all white, with a little bit of black on some parts.

" Not what you expected?" He laughed

"Kind of. "

"I get that a lot. Why'd you punch him back? Shan's going to freak when she sees you. " he said with his back turned

"Why were you there anyway? Why did you help me?"  I bluntly told him

              He came back with a cup of coffee on his hand. He placed it in front of me and sat on the opposite side, crossed his leg, one arm resting on the sofa, the other hand on his chin like he's having a hard time figuring out the answer.

" I was.... "

"You were following me." I finished it for him

"I wasn't." He denied

"It wasn't a question. It was a statement. You were following me." I said

             He sighed and scratched his forehead.

"I was trying to follow Shan and then you showed up. I don't want to elaborate the things that I did because I was merely observing." He admitted

             I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt. When I stopped, he still has the same expression that he did a while ago. Confusion.

"So... You and her.. Are what exactly?" He is persistent with this question.

"You followed me, helped me, brought me here and then, all for that question? You should have just helped me beat them up."  I suggested as I took the cup of coffee.

"Really? And then what? You don't know Michael. He will only make things harder for Shan. The more you piss him off, the harder it's going to be for her." He explained.

"So what are you suggesting?" I asked, with the coffee still in my hand and untouched.

"Leave." He said in a very firm way.

            I laughed a little, expecting him to laugh along with his joke. But I guess he wasn't kidding.

"Why would I do that?"

"For her." He said

             I stopped and just stared at him. How could that save her? Why was I given a chance to know her, if I wasn't meant to stay?

          I placed the coffee back on the coffee table, along with the ice pack on my cheeks. I stood up and extended my hand to him but he didn't take it.

"Thanks. It's getting late. I should go. "

            I turned towards the door and he walked behind me

"Jade, I think you're a great guy. I really do. But I can't just give up on her." He said behind me

           I turned around to face him.