24.

C h a p t e r  T w e n t y - F o u r
LEARNING MORE [ PART 2 ]

I thought you were healing me but no, you broke me even more.

♦ ° ♦ ° ♦

The interior was more beautiful than the exterior of the mansion, everything had a modern touch to it. The plants by the door along with a glass table and coat-rack gave the inside a homey feeling, as well as the warmth that instantly flooded my body the moment I walked in.

"And here I thought the outside was better," I said out loud.

Dylan walks up beside me, "You'll get used to it." he grinned.

Xavier comes around after closing the door, and stood in front of me, beginning to unzip my jacket before pulling it off my arms and revealing my sleeve covered arms. All while doing so, he maintains eye contact that had a small blush rushing up to my cheeks.

"I could have done that on my own," I claimed.

"Yeah," Xavier agreed, lifting my jacket up and hanging it by the door, "but I wanted to do it."

I pressed my lips together when the small smirk that sported his face appeared and turned away just in time to see Stella turning a corner from down the length of the hall that leads somewhere further into the manor. She lifted her gaze from her phone and locked gazes with us all, a friendly smile making its way to her pink lips.

"You guys are finally here!" she exclaimed and proceeded in a slight jog towards us.

She stopped in front of Justin, the smile never leaving her face. "I was just about to text you," Stella whispered as she leaned up on her tiptoes and pecked Justin on the lips.

One of his hands dropped down to her waist while wearing a gentle smile, as his gazed down at her in adoration and she the same to him. I don't why but I looked away feeling as if I was intruding on a special moment.

I took that moment to look around and examine everything, the walls were a solid white color and littered with pictures frames of all different sizes, leaning against the wall was a table the center nothing but glass and the framing wood. My gaze flickered upward to see a light bulb encased in a steel-like cage, a couple more a few feet away from it.

"You all came just in time, the cooks just finished fixing lunch." I heard her say, bringing me back to the conversation.

"Good," Justin mutters, pulling Stella by his side and turns them both of the direction they come from.

Both Dylan and Sam follow closely behind, and I look over to Xavier to see his eyes already on me, I'm starting to wonder why he looks at me a lot; I know I'm pretty and all but geesh. I saw his hand reach out towards mine, and I didn't protest when he grabbed it and began to pull me to where the others disappeared to, all while he wore a cautioning look.

And I don't blame him.

My steps were slow and calculated, everyone, matching my pace as I turned my gaze down to the floor watching as my shoes sunk into the plush carpet with every shuffle of my feet. It was then the noise of people chattering, gradually growing in volume, brought my attention back up as we turned a corner. Xavier's hand tightens around mine when we walk through an archway leading to a huge kitchen area.

The black marble counters shone in the illuminated lights from above along with the silver stove and refrigerator that was positioned on the far side of the kitchen, different decors skittered across empty spots on the wall, giving the kitchen the same homey feeling. And from there, another archway leading to a huge dining area, long rectangular table stretching far with chairs surrounding it, but that's not what grabbed my attention the most; it was the many people that were scattered everywhere.