50.

↠C h a p t e r  F i f t y ↞
HEAL WITH TIME

I am the monster you created.❞

♦ ° ♦ ° ♦

Elijah keeps Susan from going anywhere all while the smile on his face turns deadlier, she stands in front of him, the muscles in her body clenched together as if she's getting ready for an attack. Everyone stumbled out of the house, Logan staying behind to calm the pack members that began to peek out from their windows and came down the stairs to investigate the noise.

"What are you doing, Elijah?" we heard her hiss at him, "We've been looking everywhere for and here you are residing next to these mutts."

The smile that graced Elijah's lips vanished, replaced with a cold blank look in his eyes as he regarded the woman in front of him.

"My decision to leave is none of your business and never will be. I don't think you're entitled to be asking the questions in the situation you are in n right now," he states calmly, his words causing her to clench her hands together.

Before she could open her mouth again, kicks her legs out from under her.

Her back was met with the ground, snow kicking up with the force of her fall, a small grunt passed her lips, the movement seeming to have caught her off gaurd. She didn't get a chance to recover as she was hauled up by the roots of her hair and turned in our direction.

"Have at her." Elijah gestures.

No one spoke for a moment, the situation finally sinking in that someone they seen as harmless and sweet is some killer.

"Who are you?" I spoke, staring her down.

She scoffed but didn't speak, the action causes me to bristle, Xaiver placed his hand on my shoulder, the sparks doing little to clam me down but it kept me level headed.

"What's your real name? And why did you come here?"

Silence greeted us.

"Why did you do it?" Mason was the one who spoke and I cut my gaze over towards him, his face blank and dull as he looked down at the woman who he seen as his mate.

Her tongue rolls along the inside of her cheek, eyes flickering over towards Mason before they looked down at the ground. She soon hissed in pain when Elijah jerked her head back roughly by her hair, her face scrunching up in pain, when their gazes met anger flashes through hers.

She opens her mouth in a vicious hiss her chest rumbling with a growl, fangs extending from her gums.

Vampire. She was a vampire just like Elijah. The thing is how didn't we all notice it when she first came?

Elijah's expression shifts into a deep scowl as he leans his face into hers. "Hiss at me again and I'll rip those fangs right out of your mouth and I know you don't want that, they're the key to your survival."

For the first time fear was stricken across her face, her lips tightening together as if to hide away the weapons that reside in her mouth.

"That's what I thought, so you better start talking." Elijah grumbles, straightening his stance behind her as he released her hand from his fingers.

With a sigh, and clenches fist she begins speaking, "My real name is Eleanor and I'm a bounty hunter for the government that controls the werewolf community. And I'm also a vampire."

"What are you doing here?" Samantha was brave enough to ask.

"They sent me here to kill her," she nods her head in my direction. "If you guys didn't know, the treaty between humans and wolves has been breached the moment she was born and it was my job to kill her."