* Epilogue *

E p i l o g u e
THE BEGINNING

The story is not over, it's far from over.❞

♦ ° ♦ ° ♦

Three years later. . .

"London, don't get too close to the water!"

His head whips around as if he's been caught, a small blush blankets his cheeks before he steps back from the pond and squats to play in the dirt, running his toy cars over the small hills he made.

A smile tilts at my lips as I rest my head on the back of the foldable chair that was set under a tree, this was one of those rare times that the mountains would be melted of snow and the sun would grace us with its light and heat. As I relax with my hands folded over my stomach, I shut my eyes, my mind pulling me into the abyss of memory lane.

Over the years, I've worked to restore my mental health, everything I've been through causing a serious damage that didn't show until after it was all over with. Xavier was patient and worked with me every day to get me back to a stable level, pushing away the dark times that wanted to reside within my head, he sparked another flame of hope that I can move on and live in the future though everything that has happened will never be forgotten.

I discovered later on that Elijah was originally sent out to kill me by the government, to them, he was their personal hitman, the best they had; and only being sent out when a situation got too difficult for others. My case was the biggest one yet being that Dad moved us around a lot when I was younger and kept me off any records before we moved to moonbrooke, it was my first year at a public school and I actually enjoyed life then.

Elijah told me he didn't know he was sent out to kill a child, was just given the information that the treaty has been broken and this person was on the run. When he met me that day scared and about to be ripped to shreds by a rogue, he couldn't do and it opened his eyes to who the government truly were. He couldn't leave me alone that day, knowing that others would come after me and try to do what he couldn't do.

That wasn't all that happened.

A year back, Dad came pack on his own, looking different than what he used to, he lost a lot of weight and was starting to look the age he was supposed to. The reason he came back was because of instincts and his heart, his instinct told him that he needed to protect the pup that his mate left behind and be the father he actually needs to be; his heart told him not to give up because this wasn't something that Mom would have appreciated, him being a coward and leaving their kids behind.

It took more than just saying sorry for me to move forward knowing that he left when we needed him the most, but I couldn't put the full blame on him, the guilt still ate me alive that I was the cause of her death, no matter what anybody said; I should have done something, anything, for her to see the first birthday of London.

Then there was the Mason and Samantha situation, after what happened with Mason he's kept his heart guarded and asked for things to go slow with Samantha, disheartened she did what he asked. Since that day thing has been hard on him, doubts have been clouding his mind if Samantha was his real mate or was it all fake like the one with "Susan", there was even a time he was avoiding her for two months straight, always taking errands and assignments to go to other packs.

Samantha told herself that she couldn't blame Mason for keeping his distance because he was liked to for however he and "Susan" we're together, yet that still didn't stop the hurt from consuming her heart from not being able to enjoy her mate as she always dreamed. As the years passed they've been working on it, Samantha decided to get a further education and use that to benefit the pack, Mason supported her through it all.