34.

C h a p t e r   T h i r t y - F o u r↞
RELEASED INSTINCTS

Feelings can be controlled, but tears never lie.

♦ ° ♦ ° ♦

XAVIER

A tidal wave of emotions came crashing through me like angry bees, there were so many that came with such a force that I almoner fell to my knees from the pressure, I then realized that these weren't my emotions, these were Abigail's. I pull my head back, my canines retracting from her neck; I stare down at her, her lashes fluttered against her red flushed cheeks as she hung limply in my arms.

"Abigail. ." I whispered, my heart constricting in my chest knowing that she's been dealing with these feelings by herself.

My gaze trailed down to her neck, where my mark proudly stood, three teeth marks on the top and two smaller marks underneath matching my teeth. The tingles were like explosive fireworks, setting out signals to my nerves that spasmed in content, the animal within my head barked and howled joyously as I held Abigail fully in my arm, my hand under her knees and the other holding her shoulders. It didn't take long before howls from all over the woods echoed into the night.

I could feel everyone's confusion, joy, surprise, anxiousness, and many more emotions through the pack bound, they all felt the jolt and connection to me marking my mate. Many others tried to mind link me, excited to meet the future Luna of Dusk Hill, with everyone bombarding my mind a slight headache begins to form as I put up the mental walls I let only two people.

'Dude, congratulation!' Dylan yells in my head and I wince.

'Please don't yell.' I say, bending down to gather Abigail's parka and settle it over her chest when I saw she began to shiver.

'Sorry but I'm happy for you.' he says, and I could almost see him grinning.

'Thanks.'

Twisting with Abigail safely tucked in my arms, I walk down the path we came from, snow fluttering from the sky and littering the top of Abigail's parka and sticking to strands of hair and lashes making her more beautiful than she already is.

'Heads up, angry Alpha coming your way.' Justin chimes in.

I grit my teeth as the house comes into view, figures stood outside waiting for our arrival.

'Noted.' I reply back before shutting them out as well.

"Son, what have you done?" was said to me the second I was close enough to see all their expressions.

"What I had to do," I say, stepping up the steps to the porch.

My Dad, Mason, and Abigail's Dad stood outside, staring me down with potent glares as if I did something wrong, I only did what was right, any longer I waited and she would have been too far gone.

"We need to talk," Dad says, crossing his arms, the veins in his neck visible. I could tell he was restraining himself. "She isn't ready for pack life, or becoming Luna, most of our people are still grasping that you have a 'human' mate."