27.

C h a p t e r T w e n t y - S e v e n↞
CONFRONTATION

May my heart be kind, my mind fierce, and my spirit brave.

♦ ° ♦ ° ♦

Shallow breathes escape my mouth, as I blinked rapidly trying to collect my scattered mind after I hung up the phone.

"Abby. ." Xavier's soft whisper drifts into my ears.

I slowly shift my gaze towards him to see his sadden eyes watching me, my mouth opens and close and a couple more tears slip down my cheeks before I blink and gaze at the sheets clenched in my hands.

"Are you okay?" he asks, which I think was stupid depending he could tell from the look on my face.

It also seemed that he just wanted to ask to break the silence. I shook my head, biting my lip.

"I. . I need to go home," I tell, sliding from under the covers, my bare feet meeting with the carpet.

From my side view, I could see him nodding, "Okay. I'll drive you."

All I could manage was a meek nod, while I slipped back on my shoes not bothering to put my socks on. I bend down to grab them and walk out the door knowing Xavier was following close behind.

I sniffle, wiping underneath my eyes. I slow down my steps so Xavier could walk in front of me and lead the way. He turns a corner almost colliding with someone.

"Sorry!" says the other figure.

I look up to see Noah, gazing up at Xavier nervously as he steps away from him; his neck bowed a bit. One of his hands was clutching a smaller one and my gaze follows the length of the arm to see a little girl by his side.

She had the same colored hair as Noah, her tresses reaching past her shoulders, her button nose, round face, big brown eyes, and rosy cheeks gave off her innocence. She was smaller than an average child, she stood just below Noah's hip.

I step up to Xavier's side, and Noah's gaze flickers over to me, his eyes widening in shock and panic, he straightens up and clears his throat.

"Uh, h-hey Abigail," he says, looking everywhere but at me.

I crack a barely visible smile. "Hi, Noah."

Xavier turns to me, watching my face, "You know him?" he asks, eyes shifting from me to him.

I nod, "He's my friend and also my partner for a project at school." I tell him.

Noah still had the panicked look in his eyes as he looked at Xavier and then me, I then realized he didn't know I knew about them.

"You don't have to worry, I already know about you all," I say out loud.

If possible his eyes widen more, and the tension from his shoulders slowly release as they sag. He blows a breath.

"Really?"

The corners of my mouth, lift, "Yeah, I wish I could talk longer but I have to head home because of an emergency." I say, Xavier already walking towards the stairs.

I could see his eyes roaming over my face, finally taking in the tear streaks on my cheeks. Realization cross between his eyes and he nods, looking down at the little girl who stood silently by his side.