Chapter 3:

I take Jacob's hand and turn away from Seth. We walk together back towards the Cullens house.

"My dad's going to kill you..."

He smiles a little.

"He can try."

I smile too.

"Renesmee, I'm so sorry" He stops walking and turns to face me, putting his hand up to my cheek. The faint bruise still stings but it's already healing. "I'm so, so sorry..." He whispers.

I push his hand away. "I'm fine Jake, I deserved it."

He shakes his head "I had no right..."

"Forget it. Please?" I beg, hating seeing him so angry at himself.

He shakes his head. "Do they know? Your parents, that you're pregnant..."

"I don't think so. All I thought about in front of Edward was that you... "

"You going to tell them?"

"Not yet... " I look up at him and he takes my hand again as we start to walk.

He nods.

"Okay. Do you know what you want to do with the baby?"

I do. But I'm not sure I can tell him, it'll hurt him too much so I just shake my head and look down.

"It's okay."

None of its okay so I shake my head again.

"What are you going to tell my parents? Why you hit me?"

"I don't know, but I probably won't be allowed to see you. Whatever the reason."

The thought of being banned from seeing Jake hurts. But it won't be permanent. We'll get through it.

"Please, keep it out of your head." He nods.

"You could say that I kissed him... I don't mind that."

"You sure?" I nod. "Alright then"

We make our way up the steps to the Cullens house and my dad meets us at the door. He points at Jacob.

"You, inside. Now!"

He takes my arm and pulls me gently to him.

"Just go along with it... " Jacob says and I do, letting him drag me inside.

We take our seats on the sofa. Me, mum and dad on one, Jacob on the other. The rest of the Cullens gather around making me feel shy and awkward.

Jacobs P.O.V

I smile at Nessie and mouth "It's okay" Then I turn to Edward.

"Edward, I'm so sorry. I got angry, couldn't control myself and I just let go. I never meant to hit her."

The other Cullens gasp, clearly Edward hadn't told them yet, not that they needed to gasp, none of the leeches needed to breathe.

"Not good enough. You have no right to hit her." He growls.

"I know. I'm sorry, I couldn't be any more sorry."

Rosalie scoffs.

"You think he's really sorry? He wanted her dead before she was born!"

I stand up.

"She was killing Bella! I didn't realise how... Beautiful she was"

I look down at Ness and my heart jumps. Every time I look at her I fall in love with her again. She's gazing sadly into the distance, clearly this memory upsets her.

"Enough Rose!" Esme snaps.

I sit down and look at Bella who's now speaking.

"Why did you hit her? What made you so angry?"

I look at Ness who starts to explain, staring at the floor. I think of why too, for Edward's benefit.

"I kissed Seth" She says. She's not lieing, it's true. Only she did much, much more.

I know because I saw, in Seth's head. It hurts because he betrayed my trust but if I have to admit it, it's because he got her first. That's why it really hurts.