Chapter 17:

Renesmee's P.o.v.

I scream.

Every inch of my body feels likes someone's stabbing me with needles. My blood feels like it's flowing acid. Someone's punching me again and again, my body bruising into purple patches. I can't-

I want to die. Someone brutally stabbing me to death would be preferable. Please kill me. I want to scream again, I open my mouth to but I can't make a sound.

My lungs are burning too. Like a flame is in my chest and it's now jumping to my heart. That burns too.

Help me. I think, my head pounding. Kill me. Kill me please.

I feel secure hands take a grip around me and I'm being carried upstairs. The hands lay me down on a table and I look around the room, everything blurry.

The room looks like a doctor's surgery, but that can't be right... We're in a house.

"Renesmee." A calm voice says, but it echoes strangely, like every other sound in the room.

"Im going to give you some morphine it'll help the pain"

I feel the sting of a needle go into my arm but it's nothing compared to the pain of the thousands of needles stabbing me.

At the back of my mind is one word.

Jacob.

It sounds like a name, and its familiar to me. I have fond memories of it even.

Jacob.

I repeat the name to myself.

Realisation floods through me as I picture his face. Me in Rose's arms, looking over her shoulder at the beautiful boy stood infront of me. Us walking along the beach together, holding hands. Us talking, laughing.

I know why I feel fond of the name. I love him, I need him. I need him to be here. Now.

"Jacob!" I cry out, forcing words through my dead lips.

As I start to understand everything I realise that more than the pain, I'm scared. Terrified. And I need him here now.

"Jacob please!" I beg crying. Where is he? He has to be here! I need him!

"Renesmee, we can't wait."

Why can't we wait? What's happening? What's wrong? Why am I here?

The only thing I can think of is that it hurts, and I need Jacob. I don't know why, I just do.

"Ness the baby needs to come now, otherwise he'll die." Seths voice tells me.

The baby. No, I can't lose him! But I can't do this without Jacob.

I need him.

"Jacob... " I spit the word out again. I try to explain but to say more than that one word hurts.

"Ness" I feel him squeeze my hand. "Jacob's coming but the baby needs to come now. It'll be okay, I promise."

Tears slip down my face. I'm not scared, I'm terrified.

I shake my head crying.

I want the baby. I want him, but I can't do this without Jacob. I know I can't. I need him.

"Nessie, you have to do this. Just shut your eyes. Please."

I shut them. Then I scream as I feel my skin tear and blackness dissolves around the corners of my vision. The darkness descends.