Chapter 30:

My gratitude to the amazing issylovestwilight for her support and ideas which have made me continue this story.

The last Chapter (Where Renesmee finds out the Volturi are coming) Never happened. Erase it from your memory.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Jacob leads me inside, his hand in mine and he pushes past my parents to the living room. He takes a seat on the sofa and I sit down on top of him. My face is a little sore from crying, I guess I cried more in my sleep.

He kisses my cheek, tilting his head around mine.

"Why did we have to come here?"

"Its ab-"

Dad walks in and cuts him off.

"Renesmee, you had no idea how worried I was!"

I frown and glare at Jacob "I thought this was important."

"It is." He glares at dad. "Your dad is just getting distracted."

"What's wrong?" I glance around the room and notice that Embry and Paul are stood here too. Their faces anxious.

Embry steps forward

"We were patrolling this morning, me and Paul. Seth was meant to join us. He wasn't there. We checked his house and Sue told us he didn't come back last night..."

I frown.

"Maybe he got lost... Fell asleep somewhere."

Paul shakes his head "Unlikely. If he was lost he'd phase so he could talk to us. It's possible he fell asleep but why wouldn't he have gone home."

Jake looks at me. "Did you see him last night?"

Oh no. Did Billy tell him?

"No. How could I have? I was at yours." I attempt to lie smoothly.

Jacob nods. "He stopped by my place, I told him to piss off."

I look down, my cheeks red. It wasn't quite so simple.

Embry nods "Fair enough. We'll let you know if we hear from him then. Jacob, will you come with us?"

Jacob looks at me hesitantly and I shrug. I'd really rather Jacob didn't go but I feel bad, he's been away from the pack for a while now, looking after me.

"Alright." He nods and stands up, bending down to kiss the top of my head. I pretend to smile. "I'll see you later."

I nod and get up slowly, walking to my old room.