Chapter 22:

700 views.

That's incredible.

Thank you all for reading this.
____

"Nessie." I feel Jacob's strong, muscly arms wrap around me, gently shaking me.

I reach up instinctively to push him away, opening my eyes and noticing the bright light in the room.

"Its 1:00 pm, you need to get up."

I groan and pull the covers over my head.

Everyday Jacobs been treating me like I'm a child, acting like a responsible parent. Every morning he tells me I have 10 minutes before I should be dressed and awake, because breakfast will be ready downstairs.

It irritates me. I know why he does it, exactly. Carlisle told him that right now the best thing for me is routine, a schedule to follow to stop me "falling apart."

He didn't know I was listening though. Neither did Jake.

"Nessie!" I feel a weight collapse on top of me on my legs and I squirm under the duvet. I hear Jake's chuckle and I gently try to kick him off. It's hard trying to aim when I can't see where I'm kicking out and my foot accidentally knocks something off the side table. I hear a smash.

Jacob's laugh increases and I'm smiling a little too, for the first time in weeks.

I pull the duvet off my face and see Jacob's face infront of mine. I reach up and pull him against me, kissing him gently on his lips. My hands wrap around his neck and I feel his fingers against my hips, softly stroking my bear back.

I push gently back from him, smiling.

"Breakfast?" I ask.

"More like lunch."

He stands up, still holding my hand and gently pulls me up.

"Do you want to change now or later?"

Jacob appeared to have finally given up on his routine, I guess he was just happy to see me smiling again.

"Now's easier."

He nods and I start to choose my clothes. I pull out a simple pair of denim shorts from my drawer and a t-shirt.

I start to pull off my top when I turn around to see Jake staring. I hit him playfully on the shoulder and he chuckles.

"Fine, I'll wait outside."

I watch as he turns around, still grinning and walks out of the room and shuts the door.

I pull on my clothes and quickly arrange my messy hair into a plait and open the door.

Jacob's leaning against the wall next to me and I take his hand as we walk downstairs into the kitchen.

Mum and dad are sitting on the sofa together. They smile at me as I walk in but dad's eyes seem to hide a frown of concern.

I smile back at them both and sit down at the table by Esme.

"Hey"

Esme smiles at me, her usual warming welcome smile.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Eggs please."

I watch her rummage around the cupboards trying to find a frying pan then searching through the fridge for some eggs.

I hear Emmett's chuckle upstairs and then the shout of "you idiots!" clearly meant at the football he was likely to be watching on TV.

A few seconds later he appears at the stairs and runs down them, grinning as he appears next to me and pulls me into a hug, squeezing me tightly.

The instinct to tell him to be careful and to mind the baby is painful.

"Hey little Loch Nessie" He chuckles and I feel my cheeks flush.

"Hey Emmett." I roll my eyes deliberately at him.

He chuckles.

"Rose, get down here."

I hear Rose sigh upstairs then wander down the steps elegantly towards me.

"Renesmee!" She smiles and hugs me tightly.

"Hey Rose."

Emmett takes her hand and they both step back and sit down on the sofa. I watch dad's expression as Emmett jumps onto the sofa, landing on top of him and I laugh.

"Here you go" Esme smiles as she hands me the plate of eggs and I start to eat them.

"Where's Alice?" I glance around the room, checking she's not there and frown.

"She went out for a walk. She'll be back soon." Esme answers me.

"Any news from Jasper?"

"No..." Edward sighs.

I nod and think while I eat. Poor Alice.